Monday, September 14, 2009

As good as a raise....

Well, Caleb is pretty much potty trained. I say pretty much, because we're still working on night-time. He wears underwears during nap-time, but I haven't convinced myself to get up in the middle of the night just to take him potty, so he still wears a diaper at night. But still.....one diaper a day only adds up to.....well hardly anything. And here's the best part.... NO POOPY DIAPERS! Cuz the kid doesn't poop at night. So we don't have to throw away the smelly diapers outside anymore. It's so nice! Our goal is to have Caleb 100% out of diapers by the time the baby arrives. But not hiving to buy diapers anymore (cuz we still have a big box from the last time we got them), is almost as good as getting a raise! Grocery bill goes down! Only.....now we wanna start stalking up on newborn diapers, cuz you go through those things REALLY fast! (although I can hardly remember). Nevertheless....we'll be enjoying a diaper-free four months.

Next I guess I'd better announce that we had an ultrasound last Friday. And Parker decided he'd like to know the sex of the baby (he wasn't sure before) and so it's safe to tell all that we're having
A GIRL!!
And we're quite excited about it! I wanna start learning how to make those cute little head-band bows for baby girls, so if any of you have that particular hobby, and wanna share some information, I would really like to learn.....otherwise I'm gonna make a mess trying to figure it out. You'll have to forgive us for the poor picture. All the ultrasound pictures were bad, cuz I went to the bathroom before I went to the doctor....I kinda forgot about the full-bladder thing. As a result, the "it's a girl" prediction is not 100% for-sure. We could not confirm "girl" anatomy, however there was a definate absence of boy anatomy. So we're pretty darn sure. And I won't post the "it's a girl" picture, because it's truly a blurry mess, and I think this one is better.

Last weekend I went to "Time Out" for Women with my mom in Boise. She asked me to go, because my other sisters have little babies, and the thing lasts all day. And it was really awesome. It was a total spiritual boost, and I'm all ready to start being a better mother and wife. I really enjoyed all of the speakers, and the music by Hilary Weeks and Cherie Call. For those of you who still wanna go, I happen to know that it's gonna be in Logan, UT this coming weekend....and then SLC in November. Visit: http://deseretbook.com/time-out

Allright, lastly I'm sorry I suck at blogging lately. Work keeps me busy, and I don't always have my camera cuz Caleb likes to take pictures when I don't know about it and drain the battery. But I'm gonna try to get better. I'm excited that the weather is changing and Fall is coming. Enjoy the mild weather before it turns cold people!

7 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

Oh yay, oh yay! I was wondering when you were going to find out. At least once a week I asked Travis if he had heard anything yet. A girl--congratulations! That makes three of us within a couple of months. I can't wait! And that is exciting you do not have to buy diapers for a bit. So nice!

Chelsi said...

Congrats! A Girl will be so much fun... always nice to have one of each right away.

Lonny and Jesse said...

Woohoo! A girl! I am so excited for you!

Rick and Heather said...

I'm SOO excited you're having a girl!!! My ward is actually gonna learn how to make little girls' bows, and I'm totally gonna go so I can stop buying so many!!! Anyways, I'll pass along any techniques/info. I learn. Congratulations!

crosshairly said...

I love making those little girl bows for my nieces since I have a boy... there are some good websites that will teach you how for free... I would show you if you lived closer :)

The Wight Family said...

Heather! I'm so excited for you! I was just wondering when you were going to know if the baby was a girl or boy. Caleb will be such a great big brother. Congrats!

Brody and Ashley said...

Congrats on baby girl! I am so glad you will be having a girl!