Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lime Away

The picture below is my bathtub. Don't judge. This picture was taken AFTER a routine scrubbing with comet, and a scotch-brite sponge. I am actually pretty good at cleaning my bathrooms. I try to do it every week.....sometimes we go 2, but anyway. My tub has looked like this since the day we bought the house. I cleaned it the best I could with comet and some serious elbow greese......nothing changed. The bottom of the tub is textured so, I assumed it was some kind of stain.

Yesterday I was using lime away on the faucet to get the hard water stains off. (I always do this). And as I turned to put the bottle back, I mindlessly sprayed the bottom of the tub. I moved on to the sink and mirrors. When I looked back in the tub......there were white spots where I had sprayed! Could it be?!! It DOES come off?!! So I completely COVERED the bottom of that tub with lime away. Then I let it sit for 5 minutes. This time.....I used a bristle brush instead of a scotch-brite sponge. Wouldn't you know?!! Voila!!!


Not a single dark spot!! Thank you ISU dental hygiene for teaching me about lime away. It's a necessity for all bathroom cleanings. My tub doesn't look nasty anymore!! YAY!!

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

I LOOOOOOVE lime away. But I've never tried it on the bottom of my tub. Thanks for the tip .

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you in hopes of you posting about an event that we're particularly excited about at Primrose Schools.

I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com