Monday, May 21, 2012

Fathers and Sons

This last weekend was the Father's and Son's campout for our ward.  They went to Balanced Rock (which is only about 15 miles from my house).  Caleb had asked if Grandpa Harris could come, and so he made a special trip from Boise to be there.  Grandpa also brought Caleb's cousins, Chase and Tyler, because their dad has been having some health problems and was not able to take them to THEIR father's and son's campout this year.  This was GREAT news for Caleb.  He loves nothing more than playing with his cousins.  
 Now obviously, I wasn't there, so I can't give you exact details....but apparently they had a blast!  The boys spent a lot of time in the dirt, and came home covered in grime and smelling like campfire smoke.  They roasted marshmallows, and hiked up to balanced rock (which is no easy task for little boys, but they did quite well).  I'm told that the hike DOWN from balanced rock was a little bit scary for the little boys, especially Tyler, but Parker and Grandpa were helping them and they did pretty well.
They had some kind of "milk can stew" for dinner and Parker tells me that Caleb ate it VERY well.  Grandpa fed the other 2 boys before arriving to camp so that he wouldn't have to worry about convincing them to eat.  They did a big pancake and sausage breakfast the follwing morning, and I heard that Parker had a bunch of that.  They were back home before noon the following day, but the boys were just happy to get to play together.
They spent the rest of the day running around the house while Parker and my parents worked on getting our garden ready in the back yard.  I'll make a post about that later.

I'm so glad Caleb got to go camping with his daddy.  They actually slept in the Explorer, and didn't even set up the tent (which turned out to be a good idea because it was pretty windy Friday evening).  And we're really glad that Grandpa and Chase and Tyler came too.

No comments: