Sunday, October 21, 2012

Talking

Garrett is 13 weeks old today....he'll be 3 months old tomorrow.  And just like any mom of a new baby, I just don't know where the time has gone.  He's so BIG!  His face lights up when you talk to him, and he has such a unique smile!  Unlike his brother and sister, Garrett has a rather large mough....and as a result a very BIG smile!  I just love it.  He is also quite a bit more rolley than the other two.  I'm sure we can attribute that to the fact that he was so much bigger when he was born.
His eyes are still blue, and his hair is still red......keep your fingers crossed!
 
The boy has found his voice, and it's absalutely adorable!  I've taken a few videos of him talking.  Please excuse the obnoxious "Mario Kart" noises in the background.....




My children never cease to amaze me.  Today Angie counted to thirteen (and I've hardly even heard her count to ten)...then she started saying things like "eleventeen."  Always makes me laugh.  She just started singing the ABC's  even though I'm sure she's known them forever....it wasn't till recently that she started singing them.  And "Annie" is her favorite movie....so I always catch her singing to herself "Tomorrow" or "Hard knock life."  What I didn't expect was how much Caleb likes the movie too.  And HE has been singing just as much....if not MORE.....than Angie.  Just today I heard him singing "Little Girls."  It made me laugh. 

The other day I was trying to get the kids ready for school/daycare before I had to go to work.  I was rushing around the house barking commands and dealing with the constant frustration of my life that Angie NEVER SWALLOWS HER FOOD.  There came a moment where I looked at Angie and said, "Angie!  We HAVE to go! You need to swallow your food!" and she looked at me with this perplexed, innocent face and said, "Mommy.....you happy?"

Augh.

Reality check.  Am I happy?  I'm sure to her, I certainly don't LOOK happy.  Mornings are HARD!  And so frustrating.  And I can never seem to be ready on time, no matter how early I wake up....because lets be honest.  If the baby wakes up (which often he does)....the whole world has to STOP so you can feed him....(although I've recently succombed to the "prop the bottle" technique which EVERY nurse and doctor tells you NOT to do).  Anyway.  I looked at her and took a deep breath.
"Yes, sweetheart, I'm happy.......and I love you.  BUT YOU HAVE TO HURRY, IT'S TIME TO GO!!!" (I said it nicer this time).  My poor children.  I need to practice some patience.  And maybe do a few more things the night before......like shower, and do my make-up, and eat breakfast so that I have more time in the morning.  Hah.  If only.
With Tresa gone, Angie is still adjusting to her new daycare.  We spent plenty of time getting her acclimated to the place....and I really feel like she likes it there.  But she's going through separation anxiety now, every time I drop her off.  After Caleb goes to school she always asks, "Mommy, we going home?"
"No sweetheart, I have to go to work.  You're going to Shasta's house."
"NO!!"  (here come the tears) "I wanna go home!  I don't wanna go to Shasta's house."
Then once we get there, I have to follow a strict routine.  I HAVE to take her potty, and then give her a snack or the rest of her breakfast, and sometimes get her to play with a few toys and of course give her like 20 hugs and kisses before I leave.  It's NOT easy. 
And now, she's starting to have separation anxiety when I drop her off for nursery at church.  That used to NEVER happen.  It's so unfair.  I really am grateful for my job, and my education...but I also HATE the fact that I HAVE to work.  Oh well.  Life goes on.
 
One last thing.  While we were at Lagoon a few weeks ago, Caleb got this little cheap-o ring with a peace sign on it.  He asked me what it was a picture of.  I told him, "It means 'peace.'"  He looked at me a little confused....but then satisfied, he did a little punch into the air, and then said,
"You wanna piece of me?"
Hah.  Not QUITE the same "peace" I was referring to.  Oh well.  He's a boy, I guess he can't help it. ;)

No comments: