Saturday, November 22, 2014

Blogging is hard.....

Ok folks- seriously.  Blogging is getting really hard.  We have been living in Eagle for 9 months now, and I still feel like I'm trying to figure out how to juggle it all.  Sometimes it feels like work takes up so much of my time, that I am constantly cooking on-call meals (grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, cold cereal....and I wonder how I ever had time to make something nice for dinner.  Let alone do some baking for fun.  But then there are days when I don't know how I got all of that in with such little time.  Last month, my sister Melissa and I canned a bunch of peaches from her neighbor's yard.  We got about 18 quarts....each.  And Parker shot an elk with his bow this year.  So I canned some meat this year as well.  I still really want to get my hands on my mom's apples and grapes.  But we'll just have to see what I have time for.  Oh and the tomatoes.  All the tomatoes!  Those really should be my priority.  Ok but honestly, none of this REALLY matters.   Nobody wants to hear about what I WISH I could be spending my time doing. 
Things around here are changing again.  I really like that we have finally moved downstairs.  It's much better, and I feel like it's my space for now.  It feels good to have your own stuff, even if it is at mom and dad's house.  But not long after we moved down, my older brother, Derek and his 2 little boys moved into the bedrooms upstairs.  He has recently separated from his wife, and he has been going through a lot of pain.  I really feel like I'm glad that I've been able to be around while he's here.  So often, he really just needs someone to talk to.  And I've been trying to be there for him in that way.  Sometimes things get pretty heavy around here though, and I don't always know what to do or say.  It's draining sometimes, but I would rather he be here with people who love and support him.  I really am amazed at my brother.  He's had a really hard life.  And although most of his challenges were brought on by his choices, I don't really feel like he deserves the level of suffering that he has had to endure from those choices.  And even though I know he has days where he feels like he's completely broken, and has nothing left....I'm pretty proud of him for enduring so patiently for as long as he has.  He's incredibly selfless, and patient.  He's a good man, and an amazing father.  I just hope that he can find the happiness that he deserves.  And he does deserve happiness, even though he often feels like he doesn't.  I'm pretty proud of him.

No comments: