It's been a long time coming. I've wanted to lose weight since I GAINED way too much weight when I was pregnant. And then 4 weeks after Caleb was born, I started Dental Hygiene school....so naturally I was busy. And then two years passed, and suddenly "You look good for just having a baby" doesn't sound so good anymore....since I just had a baby 2 1/2 years ago. The spare tire needs to come off. At new years, I set a new years resolution to lose weight. Now mind you, I don't feel like I'm extremely overweight, but I'm not feeling healthy either and that's what's really important. I did pretty well at exercising for a day here and there, but I always lost motivation.
Then two weeks ago, I went with my mom to this continuing education course on nutrition. It was 7 hours long! I seriously thought it'd get boring, but it didn't. I listened, and even took 2 pages of notes. I learned so much about being healthy, and the BEST ways to lose weight.....not just whatever diet you hear is working well at the time.
THEN I went to church the next week, and the relief society is doing this 6 week weight loss contest. We start off with 3 goals for the first week, and then add a new goal every week. You get 5 points every time you complete a goal each day.
EXAMPLE:
This week we are doing three things:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day (5 pts per day)
2. Exercise for 30 minutes a day (5 pts per day)
3. Stop eating at set cut-off time (2 hours before bed)...(5 pts per day)
I've almost gone one week with these 3 goals, and I've done each thing every day since I started....except I didn't exercise yesterday (sunday). But that just means I don't get those 5 points for that day. Other than that I've been doing great. I have to admit, my body is adjusting quite a bit to all the water.....but if I get 2 glasses in before I even get to work then I'm usually good. I already feel like I've got so much more energy.
Next week we'll add another goal:
4. Eat 5-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day (5 pts per day)
We add one new goal a week....here's the rest:
5. No soda. (5 pts per day) .....NO SODA PERIOD.....DIET OR NOT.
6. NO fried foods (5 pts per day).
7. No sugar (10 pts per day)
8. No white flour (10 pts per day)
Those last 2 weeks are gonna be tough, but I am really motivated. My mother-in-law is doing it too. She even works out with me.....except today because she was gone and I didn't wanna wait.
I'm only weighing myself once a week, so I'll let you know if I've lost weight. Just so you know......I won't be reporting anything if it's stayed the same. :) I feel like I've lost some inches....even if I haven't lost any pounds yet.
I'm really excited to get back into shape. Last summer I bought a FABULOUS bathing suit, and although It's quite modest and it looks good on me whether I lose weight or not....I know it'll look AMAZING if I can cut a few inches off my stomach.
Wish me luck! I THINK I'm doing well, I'm definately feeling better. I can't wait for spring to actually get here so I can go jogging outside. It snowed all day today! Sheeish!
4 comments:
I know you can do it Heather. You are a very committed person. It would really kick my butt, and I am to lazy for goals.
Wow. No Sugar? That's a wee bit over the top for me. ;) Good luck! I think you look great how you are though, just for the record.
Good for you! That is a great idea to just add one goal a week. I always overwhelm myself by making too many goal in one day and then trying to keep them! I should try it.
I've seen you and mom working out first hand so I know you're staying true! Snowboarding on Saturday will be a WONDERFUL workout!
Post a Comment