For those of you who may not know, the dentist I am working for is currently in the process of moving his practice to a new building. He designed it himself, and it's almost finished. Needless to say, Magic Valley Family Dental has been pretty crazy for the past couple of months.
The other day the Patterson Dental guy was at our office helping Dr. Johnson with some things to get ready for the move. It was during lunch break, and this guy asked me who I was (I being new and all). I told him I was the hygienist filling in for Amber since she had her baby. I started to explain how in about a month I would be leaving, and hopefully moving on to another practice as awesome as the one I'm at now. THEN he said, "why didn't you tell me you were looking for a job?......I know a couple of dentists who are looking for hygienists right now." OF COURSE! I don't know why I never thought about it, the Patterson guy from Boise helped me get a couple of my interviews up there too....I didn't even THINK to ask the one down here. So anyway, he tells me about this dentist in Twin Falls who's looking for a full-time hygienist as soon as possible. I said, "Do you know his phone number?" and so he gave it to me.
When I called, the office in Twin Falls they asked me if I could come in for a working interview. Not a formal interview first. Although I think they're gonna just take care of the whole thing while I'm there. And after a very kind favor from Jenni (the other hygienist at Dr. Johnson's office) I now have a half day to run over to Twin Falls for a working interview THIS THURSDAY MORNING! I am VERY excited. This job is permanant FULL-TIME with benefits.
I'm super excited for the opportunity for something permanant. And I just have to add something, and I thought of this when Parker's little sister, Jayne had a similar experience. Just one week ago, Parker added up all our old paychecks and finally paid our tithing. Wouldn't you know...the second we pay our tithing, only two days later I hear about a permanant job opportunity that I've been waiting EIGHT MONTHS for! This also happend to Jayne and her husband, Alex. They had all their tithing saved up sitting on the dresser ready to pay. Then when they finally gave the bishop that check, Alex got a job after four months of not being able to find a thing. It just goes to show you, that the Lord really WILL pour you out a blessing when you are faithful and pay your tithing. As soon as Jayne told me what happened with her and Alex, I leaned over to Parker and said, "We NEED to pay our tithing!" And wouldn't you know, we got similar results. That's enough incentive for me.
Now, some of you might be asking...."Twin Falls? Heather, I thought you wanted to live in Boise?" Well the answer is, yes I DO want to live in Boise. But I heard this week that Micron is OFFICIALLY ousting the wonderful land of Boise, and when that happens there will be SO MANY unemployed people in Boise that I really just don't want to take the risk living there right now. The competition for jobs is HIGH right now, and I just don't think Parker would EVER be able to find work there if we moved right now. So we take what we can get. And even though all this time, we've been planning to settle down in Boise.....life has been happening all around us, and seven months after Dr. Weaver ousted me from HIS place, I've decided that we're just gonna have to make a living somewhere where it's ACTUALLY POSSIBLE to do so. So we'll see what happens.
I just want to say to all of those families that will be affected by the demise of Micron, my heart and prayers truly go out to you. Especially my daddy, who has given us so much that we will never be able to re-pay him. And to my sister's husband, Tory. I hope you all find ways to make ends meet during these difficult times.
3 comments:
I'm soooooooooo excited for you! I hope everything goes well!
I'm glad you finally figured out the tithing thing :) No, but really. I hope you get the job in Twin. Thats not too far from both families, and Twin is Beautiful! So good luck with that.
Congrats Heather that is so awesome! What a great story to share with others who need that reminder to pay their tithing. Hope everything continues to work out for you guys.
Post a Comment