I just want to write about the flower arrangement really quick. My mom requested snap-dragons, because she used to walk around on the temple grounds in Mesa with her parents, and it was there that they taught her how to make the snap-dragons "snap". She also got sunflowers, because they're bright and happy like grandpa. There are stalks of wheat because Grandpa was always growing things in the ground. And Grape vines. And lilacs, because they were one of Grandpa's favorite flowers. The arrangement really was beautiful.
This is Sarah's daughter, Lydia. The sun reflecting off her golden hair makes her look like a little angel!

And my cousins from left to right Bryan Kowacich, Daniel Pierce, Keith Adams, Joshoua Willis. And can I join with the rest of the family in saying to Daniel.....it's nice to see you've finally gained some weight. He looks healthy now doesn't he?

These next pictures were at the burial site. Which was on the hill of grandpa's OWN property (only in Missouri...that's all I have to say) right next to the cemetary.


The picture below is (left to right) uncle Nolan, and his granddaughter Aleena, Aunt Merrila, Tim (my mom's cousin from Arizona...who got a haircut the next day by the way) and Becky's daughter, Rachael.

There was SOOOO much food at grandma's house! The ward was so generous to our family. They provided two HUGE meals two days in a row....enough to feed a garage full of people.

And Keith. Love the face buddy.

It was really nice to see all my family, and I was so glad I got to attend my grandfather's funeral. It was a beautiful service. My dad sang, and my mom and 2 siblings gave the life-sketch. The Spirit was really strong, and I think it helped to bring some closure.
This is Sarah's daughter, Lydia. The sun reflecting off her golden hair makes her look like a little angel!
And my cousins from left to right Bryan Kowacich, Daniel Pierce, Keith Adams, Joshoua Willis. And can I join with the rest of the family in saying to Daniel.....it's nice to see you've finally gained some weight. He looks healthy now doesn't he?
These next pictures were at the burial site. Which was on the hill of grandpa's OWN property (only in Missouri...that's all I have to say) right next to the cemetary.
The picture below is (left to right) uncle Nolan, and his granddaughter Aleena, Aunt Merrila, Tim (my mom's cousin from Arizona...who got a haircut the next day by the way) and Becky's daughter, Rachael.
There was SOOOO much food at grandma's house! The ward was so generous to our family. They provided two HUGE meals two days in a row....enough to feed a garage full of people.
And Keith. Love the face buddy.
It was really nice to see all my family, and I was so glad I got to attend my grandfather's funeral. It was a beautiful service. My dad sang, and my mom and 2 siblings gave the life-sketch. The Spirit was really strong, and I think it helped to bring some closure.
Grandma's house has an amazing feeling. It's like a blanket of comfort is over the entire house. I have heard so many people say that there is a strong feeling of peace when you walk into that place. And we all know, the Comfortor is present there. I hope my Grandmother continues to feel that peace now that the family has all gone back home.
3 comments:
I didn't know that about the flower arrangement, that is super cool. It was so fun to see you last week. Could you email me the pictures with Lydia?...do you still have my email?
I'm glad you were able to spend time with your family. Funerals aren't easy, but they can be such a peaceful reminder of the plan of salvation.
Thank you Heather for this post and the pictures. I wish I could have been there, abut pictures help!
Post a Comment