That night, we fell asleep to the sound of rain in our tents. ALL NIGHT. When we woke up, the tent was full of puddles, and and there was no hope that the storm was gonna clear up. Before the storm, I DID get to water ski twice! (Yes, I water skied pregnant....and I was just fine.) The first time I got some AWESOME glassy water. The second time it was pretty choppy, and I woke up sore the next morning.
In fifteen years, we've never been rained out of Hells Canyon. But I guess there's a first time for everything. AND a last. I doubt our family will make that trip again. The family is growing, and it's just too much work to pack enough food and supplies for everybody. And it's too hard on mom and dad, bless their hearts. They spend the entire week before the trip packing and preparing. We all appreciate how much work they put into this trip every year....even this year, when it only lasted two days.
For the rest of the week, we hung out at mom and dad's house. A little un-eventful but it was so nice to just be at home with my family.
1 comment:
At least you got to waterski! I skied at 20 weeks with this one and I'm so glad I did. Summer wouldn't be the same without it!! How far along are you now?? You better post belly pics when you start showing...
Post a Comment