Saturday, August 29, 2009

Time FLIES!

Well, last week we had to put Caleb back in daycare for 2 days a week while Parker's at school. It's never been too huge of a deal, because he's always loved it. But this week, we're at a new daycare because we're in a new town. The first day, he was fine when I dropped him off. He went straight for the back room with all the toys. But I still cried as I drove away..... But then Thursday, I had to take him again....and this time he knew what was coming. And his chin quivered, and his eyes filled up with tears, and he wouldn't look at me in the eyes (he avoids eye contact when he's terribly emotional). And it BROKE MY HEART. He put his arms around my neck and didn't wanna let go. And I just wanted to take him back home where he blongs. But I had to go to work. When we tore him from me, he bawled. And I drove away crying AGAIN. It's never been this hard in the past. Thank goodness it's only twice a week. I hope it gets better, that's just brutal!

Secondly, my belly is growing....and there's definately no hiding that I'm pregnant....although my scrubbs have been doing a PRETTY good job till last week (I had my first patient ask me if I was pregnant.....! AUGH! That woman was BRAVE! What if I WASN'T?! I was BARELY showing through my scrubbs for pete's sake!) But as the weight in the front expands, my back begins to arch to distribute the weight. And THAT alone starts to take it's toll, as all of your back's weight starts to sit on those bottom vertebrae. OUCH! My back has been in serious pain for the past couple of days. And I honestly think it's worse when I'm standing than when I'm sitting. I think it's way easier to sit with good posture than to stand.....at least with a baby in front. I hope my back gets stronger before the pain gets worse.....I'm still not even half-way through this pregnancy yet!

We've already been in Twin Falls for 4 months, and I think this summer has flown by FASTER than any summer of my life! It's over! We've decided that with that 8,000 dollar tax credit the government is offering to first-time home buyers, we probably just can't pass up the chance to get into a house this year. So.....we're looking. It feels so un-real. It seems so grown-up to live in your own house. But after all.....I've been married for over 5 years, I've graduated from college, I've got a kid and another on the way..........I guess it's time for a house too. I just never thought it could actually happen for us! Well, like I said, we're just looking. But if we find something in our price-range we could have our own house for Christmas. Wouldn't that be amazing!

6 comments:

Aubrey and Chris said...

Oh Hebs, that is so sad about Parker. I am sure it will get easier as he makes friends at the new daycare. That is super exciting about the house!! I hope it all works out and you can find one you love.

Sarah said...

I'm sad for you and Caleb I hope it gets easier at least for him even if it doesn't for you.
and a house really! Wow, that would be so awesome! we are still doing the renting thing, after Mark graduates we will buy a house...just 2 more years.

Jill and Travis said...

I wish I was there to take the little guy! Then again, I am not sure if he would like coming to my house any more than to daycare. That is rough, but two days a week isn't too bad and I am sure he will adjust quickly. He is a happy kid and happy kids don't stay down for too long!

Good luck with the house hunting! So exciting!

Anna Beal said...

This post made me so sad for you. Hopefully Parker will be able to switch rolls with you soon so that you can be a stay-at-home Mommy. That would break my heart, and I probably wouldn't get over it at all.
Oh, I got your $$. Thanks.

Brian and Lindsay said...

I can't believe Caleb is 3! Good lucking finding a house! It is so fun getting into your own home. We love our house! My brother and his family live in Twin. Its a good place. Good luck with daycare! I can't wait for the day that I get to stay home with Eva.

The Shumakers said...

Heather..go see a chiropractor. Seriously. And good luck on the house hunting..that 8k will come in handy when you get your taxes back! I hope you find a cute little house!