Monday, August 16, 2010

Vegas Vacation Day 1, 2, and 3

I know it's taken forever to post this....but at least I'm doing it right?
Last week we went on a family vacation to Las Vegas!

The main reason was to go and see Robyn (parker's sister) and John. We haven't been to their house in over 3 years, and we really wanted to get away this summer. Plus Allegiant Air does direct flights from Twin Falls to Vegas for about 30 bucks a ticket (one-way) once you add all the stupid fees and taxes that you DON'T tell you about, it was about 350 dollars to fly our family round trip. TOTALLY worth it in my book. Twin to Vegas is an 8 hour drive.....with 2 children?.....no thanks.

However..... our flight to Vegas was delayed for like 3 hours due to some technical problems with the plane. We were supposed to take off at like 8:50 or something, but instead it wasn't till like 11:30. Needless to say, the children were EXHAUSTED! And Angie did so well, but finally as we were taking off she decided she DIDN'T want her bottle, and was just so tired that she cried for about 5 minutes on the plane before falling asleep. I felt so bad for her. She just doesn't sleep in my arms anymore. And hadn't gotten a nap since we left for the airport around 6:45. (By the way....even though that stupid paper says to arrive 2 hours early.....that does NOT COUNT if you're in Twin Falls. It's a one-room airport!! Check-in AND security takes like 30 minutes. What a waste of time it was showing up that early! When we heard about the delay we left and got dinner in town. Then came back 45 minutes before take-off. Needless to say, Angie was a trooper, but couldn't take it anymore when we finally got onto that plane. I can't tell you the relief I felt once she finally zonked.

We got to Robyn and John's house around 12:30 (which was 1:30 OUR time). I put the kids straight to bed, and I quickly followed. That was Monday. Oh and lets not forget! I worked Monday. Since the flight wasn't till almost 9:00 that meant I was able to go to work. It made for a LONG day....and a very sleepy me at the end of it.

TUESDAY

We hung out with Robyn, and that evening we went to the Nevada 51's baseball game. AAA baseball. It was pretty fun actually!! Sorry. I didn't take pictures.
What kind of a team name is the 51's you might ask? I know I did! Well.....it's for AREA 51. Oh yeah. Their mascott is an alien. Caleb was scared of him. Naturally. He's scared of everything.
Although....I'm not gonna lie.....who designed THAT costume? He lookes more like a derranged bunny than an alien.

WEDNESDAY

Wednesday was our day to relax. We took the kids to a children's science museum in the early afternoon. We packed a lunches, and let the kids pretty much play to their heart's content. This museum has 2 floors of hands-on science demonstrations and play areas. Lots of mazes, puzzles, and activities to keep those little minds buzzing. Below is a picture of the wind tunnel. The winds get up to like 75 mph or something. Caleb didn't like it towards the end. You can watch the video....


They also had this area just for babies. It had a padded floor, with all kinds of little toys that make noise and roll around. Angie loved it! We put her in there with Kayleigh. I think those two had a ball. Incase you forgot....they're only 3 weeks apart.

Kayliegh is a little more mobile than Angie. At the time she could roll and sit up all on her own. And she had a silly scoot of a crawl so she got pretty much wherever she wanted to. Angie can pretty much roll anywhere too....but can't quite pull herself into the sitting position.


Robyn's boy, Lucas, liked to dress up in the costumes they had there. Firemen. Construction workers, etc. This kid's pretty cute. Thank goodness Robyn had a double stroller!! Those girls are getting HEAVY!!

Caleb's favorite part about the museum was the airplane. They even had luggage there to load onto the plane....and a security area to run the suitcases through on a conveyer-belt. And laminated plane tickets! Caleb thought it was so cool to pretend he was flying the airplane. At one point, we moved to the 2nd story of the museum and Caleb disappeared. It took us about 5 minutes of looking for him before it crossed my mind that he might've gone back to the 1st floor to play on the airplane some more. Sure enough. That's where he was. Boy was I mad. I think he understands that he's not supposed to go off on his own. "What if somebody took you?" "I thought you were lost" I told him.
Wednesday night we stayed at Robyn and John's house and played games and just hung out. It felt like the o'l days all over again. Before Robyn and John moved to Vegas, we all lived in Pocatello, and we used to go to their apartment and play games and eat popcorn all the time. (cuz popcorn was cheap, and we were broke). We played LIFE.


No comments: