Monday, September 27, 2010

New Camera

Well we decided it's time for a new digital camera. The other one was a gift we got about 2 years ago. It's been a good camera. But lately the action shots of the kids have been pretty blurry. And kids won't stop for pictures. So, I figured it's time for a new one. It seems like so far, digital cameras only have about a 2 year life. Anybody else have some in-put about that? It seems like 2 years is also the perfect time-span that the cameras are WAY cooler and you need to keep up with the times anyway. So here's just a few random pictures and videos about the kids and how much they've grown!
Caleb has out-grown all his clothes again. I just had to buy him a whole new wardrobe for fall/winter. All his pants are too short. And Angie, of course, still outgrows her clothes every 3 months! I feel like I'm CONSTANTLY buying things for her!...and not because I can't resist how cute it is. But because her stretched out legs and body just can't hold the same outfit for very long.

Angie just started waving "hi" and "bye-bye". And she can clap her hands. She also likes to scream. I'm not talking, a loud baby yell....I mean....SCREAM. She thinks it's fun....especially when I'm feeding her babyfood. No word on if she'll have teeth like her brother or not. She's still got nothin. But....she's only 8 months old. There's still time. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

Caleb has learned how to count on his fingers. He's been able to count for....forever. But the actual comprehension of knowing how to count how many fingers, or how many chicken nuggets on his plate.....was kinda a blur until about this month. Something clicked, and now he's counting everything. He spends more time counting things on his plate than eating his food.


He's also had quite a few lessons on what words we're NOT supposed to say. Too much coming out of the TV I'm sure....and some may think WAY too young for such a lesson. But censorship is hard. I know if we would shut the tube off a little more, it wouldn't be an issue this young in life. But....it is what it is. And he's learned. And now he has become extra cautious, and likes to ask me "can we say......_____ mommy?" when he hears something new. 98% of the time the answer is, "Yes son, we can say that."

Caleb is also learning about what it means to be "respectful." And about how we don't talk with an attitude to people who are older than us....especially moms and dads....and grandmas and grandpas. Also when he does something he's not supposed to, and then is supposed to apolagize. He's learning how to do so nicely and respectfully....and not with the growly "sorrr-yyyy!!" kind of way. And he likes to try things out. Say it out loud, and then ask, "Mommy, is that being respectful?" Usually, the answer is no. But I think he's starting to get it.



Caleb has also proven himself to be an AMAZING big brother. He adores Angie. He picks her up and moves her when she's gotten into something she shouldn't. He's VERY protective of her. And has even begun to play with her a little bit.



As you can see from this video....Angie loves to grab things! Anything she can reach. Which makes her a PAIN to hold in church. If she's facing you, she's grabbing your face or breaking my jewelry. If she's facing outward, she's grabbing the people who sit in front of you. I'd just let her crawl around on the floor....but that's no good either, till the sacrament is served. Too much traffic in those aisles. She's also getting very......loud. as I mentioned earlier she loves to scream. And she does.

No comments: