The latest development. She won't eat from a spoon. AT ALL. I can't feed her ANYTHING. All food must be placed on her tray and she must feed herself. Regardless of what we're having. For the past 2 weeks I have been going through some major stress and frustration about this girl. She won't eat anything I offer her. And a lot of the things that I DO put on her tray, she throws on the floor. I can't force her to eat ANYTHING. And if I do. She'll stick her tongue out and rub it with her hands until it's all out. I can't help but think she drinks WAY too much milk. I try to not give her too much, but I feel like she NEVER ate enough. It's the fall-back top-off for each meal. She wants do do EVERYTHING herself. Then two days ago, I decided I'm not gonna stress anymore. It's just not worth it, because I CAN'T make her do anything she doesn't want to. So reguardless of the mess, stickyness or slipperyness of the food. It goes onto her tray and I walk away. I've also resorted to taking off her shirt for each meal in hopes to avoid yet ANOTHER bath (which usually happens anyway because she likes to rub it in her hair.)
If she wants you to do something.....like take her outside, or get something for her.....she'll flip over your hands and start pulling you towards what she wants. And lets not forget: if you DO open the door you'd better be taking her outside. Otherwise it's THE END OF THE WORLD. Screaming and crying that does not stop unless presented with MAJOR distraction.
She wrecks ALL laundry. Especially if it's folded nicely on the couch. But she'll rip it out of the drawers too if you leave them open.
The "eat" sign is now an escape tactic. Every night before bed she does it. It's possible she's actually hungry since I usually feed her dinner around six. But there's NO way we're going through another messy meal before bedtime.
Caleb does a lot of jumping. And she's trying to mimic him. Her jumps consist of bending her knees and then straightening them with such force that it then knocks her onto her butt. Her feet never actually leave the floor. And she does it OVER and OVER and OVER again. She thinks it's funny. It is.
She says "bye bye" and "GO! Go!" and "Daddy!" and "Baby" and "Ma ma ma ma MAAAA!" when she's cranky (funny how that works.....I get the cranky word).
She can go down stairs. And she really likes to.
Angie is a SERIOUS danger to herself. She is the height of every table, desk, and barstool (which she also knows how to climb) She is the "queen of konk" She ALWAYS has bumps on her head. On Sunday she was running from a puppy at grandma Lyons's house and she was looking behind her at the dog while running. She tripped and hit her head on the corner of the concrete steps.
She really is a sweetheart. But SUCH a handful right now. Church is a pain. She's 3 months too young for nursery. I ONLY go to Relief Society on the week when I'm teaching. The rest of them I'm in the halls. Sometimes I just go home. She won't be young forever. And we cherish naptime (and there's only one a day now.....not two).
Also Caleb has been getting her out of her crib in the morning. It surprised me Easter morning when they were both rummaging through their easter baskets and I wasn't even out of bed. It's kinda nice though, cuz I don't have to stop what I'm doing to go get her. At the same time.....I haven't woken up with the both of them staring me in the face either....which is sure to happen now that they get up together. :)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness Heather Jayden and Angie would get along so well! Jayden is the SAME!! A walking tornado! I have been stressing of her "eating" or not eating as well. I also tried giving her whole milk and that didnt go over well at all. So her main diet now is still formula... because she wont EAT! It was so funny reading this post because it is so Jayden. And me-being out in the halls in church... and zero patience! Good luck with it all and let me know if you figure out any tricks or anything! :)
Good GRIEF! You have your hands full with that one. I love your header pic by the way. They are SO cute.
Post a Comment