Monday, May 2, 2011

Spiritual Gift

My son has a love for the scriptures, and he can't even read. At daycare, Tresa lets him watch "The Jesus movies" (living scripture cartoons on DVD) every day after lunch....and he LOVES them. But aside from the movies, you can tell him a scripture story (for example last week I told him the Easter story) and he'll re-tell it to you PERFECTLY. He's ALWAYS telling me scripture stories. About how the people were wicked. Or how Jesus has power. Every night he asks to read scriptures even though he can't really understand them. He LOVES to say prayers, and sometimes will get upset when Mommy or Daddy want to say it instead of him.

He's just SUCH A SPONGE!! He's learning so much from Primary too! Yesterday he learned about when Jesus calmed the sea. It's one of his favorite stories now. He ties the gospel into EVERYTHING.

"Mom....does Heavenly Father like us to speak Spanish?"
"Uh.....yeah I think he does."

He carries his Book of Mormon all around the house whenever he's home. Two days ago he got out of bed, pulled Angie out of her crib and turned on the TV while I caught a few extra minutes in bed. When I DID get out of bed a few minutes later.....his Book of Mormon was open sitting next to him on the couch. I just can't believe how much faith this little boy has. He truly has been given a spiritual gift of Faith. And I know it will never leave him. I'm so grateful for the example this child is to me. Everything is simple. Everything is about the gospel. He knows it's that way. And he's only four.

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Heather, that is so sweet. My kids still don't know the scriptures.

Sarah said...

That is really awesome. he really has a pure faith, I think we can all take something from that.