Sunday, June 12, 2011

Front Porch

We've been doing a lot of work on our front yard. Our project this month has been to build a porch by the front door. I dug this picture out of the archives to show you what the front of our house looked like last year. Wow. I'd forgotten. :)
And here's the beginning works of the porch. Parker used the best materials (Trex decking) and a very sturdy foundation beneath. I have to say. He really surprises me sometimes. He just knows how to build something like this? I wouldn't even know where to begin! And it's not like he's a contractor or anything. He's just knows this stuff somehow. Anyway, I was impressed. High quality, and it turned out so good!
I'd like to say I helped..... but honestly I just sat there and handed him screws. Apparently that's all he wanted though. Just someone to talk to while he worked. But I DID help with one thing!! After it was all finished, I got to go to Lowe's and pick out 2 planters and some really pretty flowers. I felt like a kid in a candy store! I LOVE flowers so much! I am usually pretty good at making decisions, but I REALLY struggled deciding which flowers were the prettiest, and most affordable. I wanted one of each!! Anyway.... here's a couple pictures of MY handywork! ;0)
And next are some pictures of the deck while Parker was building the foundation.








And below, he's just putting the facial boards up.....
And then the finished product!! We have 2 other things that need done here. He's gotta change the rain gutter. He's gonna put in a chain. As it is now. he had to move the gutter to put in the deck. So right now it's kinda flopping in the wind. But that'll look good once we get the materials for that. And he's gonna paint the post white, and put some molding-looking things around the top and bottom of the post. Ta daa!
My super-handy husband really pulled out all the stops on this one!


No comments: