Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seven Year Anniversary!

Seven years ago I married my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first love: Parker. I can't believe it's been that long! But then in some ways, it feels like it's been forever.....like we've ALWAYS been together. He was a surprise in my life. I was a freshman in college, and had lots of plans to get some serious schooling and studying done. I remember the first day I saw him. I was actually at an institute dance, and my roommate (Lindsay) introduced us. We swing-danced to an old jazz song, and I remember when we did a backflip, I was smiling so big that my gum flew out of my mouth! Hah! We found out we were in the same ward (even though we hadn't seen eachother at church yet). And a few weeks later Parker called me and asked me to homecoming. No I HADN'T given him my phone number. Turns out he called the Bishop to get it. And you know what? Homecoming was THAT EVENING. Whoo. Of course I wanted to go though. I didn't have any formal dresses....so I wore one of my church dresses.


We doubled with one of Parker's friends (Shawn) and a girl he'd just met (Lindsay). It was their first date as well. And wouldn't you know.....they got married too! We went to the dance, and then Jack in the Box for milkshakes, and then Parker invited me back to his place to go sit in the hot tub. Meh! I turned him down to that one. I wasn't ready for him to see me in a swimsuit. I asked him to call me again though.

I remember we went to firesides and ward activities together. We spent our time between classes together. I was fascinated that someone that much older than me could be interested in me. (Parker is 4 years older than me). He was so tall, and always happy. And (a new one for me) extremely athletic.

We dated for 3 months, and were engaged for 4 months. And on June 5th 2004 we were sealed in the Boise Temple by my Grandpa Willis.

The next day we drove to California for our honeymoon in Disneyland. Which was wonderful!
Can you believe how skinny we were? Anyway. To celebrate our anniversary this year, we went to Salt Lake City to see Les Miserables. Parker's cousin, Brody, and his wife, Ashley, were kind enough to watch our kids overnight so we could spend the evening together.

I just love this play! It was just as good the second time. Parker has been wanting to see it for his entire life, so this was REALLY a treat for him. He grew up listening to the music just like I did (meant for eachother....I know). Katelyn got us some discount rooms at The Hampton Inn, and we had dinner at PF Chang's.
I must say....I don't really LOVE Chinese food, but that place was good! Parker liked it too. We really had an awesome weekend. Parker and I have had a wonderful ride together. And I am so glad that we get to spend the rest of our lives, and the rest of eternity by eachother's side. He's all I need. A great husband, daddy, and companion. Happy Anniversary Parker!

No comments: