Wednesday, December 21, 2011

baby steps....

Last Friday I went in for my first doctor's appointment. Parker took work off so he'd get a chance to see the baby. Only to find out, that I wasn't actually SCHEDULED for an ultrasound. WHAT? With my other 2 kids I always got an ultrasound on the first appointment. Apparently you have to SCHEDULE an ultrasound separately now. GRR! This means Parker took work off to watch me get blood drawn and get a pap smear. WHOOPIE. I felt so bad. Now the ultrasound is scheduled for this coming Friday. And Parker has to work. So I'll get to call him and let him know how it went. Hopefully no big surprises like twins or something. ;) It's also disappointing because.....I just thought I'd know by now if the baby was ok. As soon as I found out I wasn't getting an ultrasound, I said, "Well...how do we know if the baby's ok?" I told them about my sister who had a miscarriage but her body still thought she was pregnant. No bleeding. No cramping. But at HER first ultrasound there was no heartbeat. The nurse looked at me and said, "Yeah....that actually happens quite a bit. I'd say once or twice a week for our practice." I'm thinking...WHAT?!! WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS IF YOU'RE NOT LETTING ME GET AN ULTRASOUND!? Holy cow. So now we have one more week of suspense. I sure hope everything is ok.

I've been feeling pretty icky. I'm so tired after work. It's a wonder ANYONE gets fed. My bathrooms haven't been cleaned in a month. I keep telling myself I need to do it, but I'm JUST SO TIRED all the time. And 2 hours before and after each meal I just feel nauseated. I haven't lost my lunch.....yet. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just SKIP that part. But I seriously doubt it.

Christmas this year is at our house. This is a first for me. Paul and Claudia are coming over Christmas Eve for dinner. I'm excited to be the hostess. But all of the sudden I have SO MUCH more admiration for my mom. How did she do it all these years? I don't know how I'm gonna fix all those caseroles with ONE OVEN! Not to mention the HAM! Pies will have to be made the day before. But seriously, I'm kinda freaking out a little bit.

Then there's Christmas morning. We have church at 9:00. NINE! How inconvenient! It's hard to make it on time to church on any given Sunday.....but throw CHRISTMAS into the mix? I know Caleb will be disappointed, but I think we're gonna hold off on presents till church is over. And there's no skipping church either. First of all it's Christmas. Secondly I'm singing in Sacrament. There's no getting around it.

I hate that I have to work this week. I was asked to feed this missionaries this week, but I had to say no. With work, and Christmas and how EXTRA TIRED I am all the time, I really just can't add that burden right now. I hope they find someone else to do it. I felt bad.

Hopefully after this Friday I'll be able to publish these blog posts and share the news with everyone. For now I just save it in the drafts. :) Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

WAHOO! That is exciting. Although the sick part is super sucky.