Saturday, December 10, 2011

Black Friday

I am writing this poast today (Dec 10) but I won't be publishing it for a week. On Black Friday we found out I was pregnant. I'd been off birth control for.....like 30 seconds. Ok not really. But I went off the pill, and 2 weeks later got pregnant. I have a doctor's appointment next Friday the 16th. The first doctors appointment is ALWAYS kinda nerve-racking for me. Because it's the appointment where you find out if there's anything wrong. If there's a silent miscarriage. If the baby's gonna be ok. If there's as heartbeat.......of if there's......more than one. There's a lot to worry about. And NOT a lot you can do about it until then. I hope everything is ok. This is why this post won't go up for a week. If there IS anything wrong.....it won't be going up AT ALL I suppose.



For the past 2 days the naseua has started to set in. It's not bad or anything.....It's not like I'm gonna puke every time I brush my teeth (at least not yet.....we ALWAYS get to that eventually). But I just feel icky. If I'm SLIGHTLY hungry, I don't feel well. And if I'm REALLY hungry I wanna curl up and die. I'm EXTRA tired. By 9:30 I'm out of gas. It makes it hard since I REALLY enjoy my evenings after the kids have gone to bed. There's not much time to have any kind of fun when you're dozing off as soon as the kids have gone down. Oh well.



No motivation to cook. No motivation to eat. OH AND LETS not forget that diet I'd been doing. That all came to a CRASHING halt too. I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Not too bad. I would have done SOOO well if I could have kept on going. But that's ALWAYS how it goes. I lose weight- and I get pregnant. Apparently they go hand-in-hand. Oh well. I know how to do it now. And I'll start again after the baby's born. Although I always feel hungry.....sometimes the feeling of being full- is much worse. At the moment- the thought of morning sickness is FAR MORE daunting than the thought of going through labor. I REALLY don't enjoy feeling like this EVERY DAY for weeks and weeks. At least with labor- it only lasts a few hours....it has an end.



Anyway. We're very excited about our Summer surprise. July is going to be an exciting month. Garrett gets home from his mission. Jared comes home form Afganistan. And we will be having a new family member. I don't actually have a due date yet (since I haven't been to the doctor yet). But I'm guessing it'll be the end of July....maybe early August. I'm not so excited about this first trimester. I think I've kinda blocked it out with each kid so far. I definately think it's the WORST part about being pregnant. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

The Wight Family said...

Congrats Heather! That's so exciting! Hope all goes well!