They put me in Young Women's. I'm very excited......and intimidated at the same time. As a Relief Society teacher, I only taught once a month. And grown women have all kinds of personal experience and insight to offer and add to the discussion at each lesson. I'm teaching the beehives THREE times a month. And thank goodness they know how to sit still and listen, but participation is A LOT harder to come by. I feel like after 15 minutes of me talking, that they're all just bored. The energy level is so different as well. The girls are so CHATTY!! And they don't know much about respect for a person standing in front of the room.
After giving my first lesson yesterday, I realized that these girls need some help navigating the scriptures. They're too young for seminary, and most of them are probably just starting to read the scriptures on their own for the first time. But yesterday I asked them to turn to a scripture in Alma, and a couple of them didn't know how to get there. I've decided I'm gonna teach them the books in the Book of Mormon, and at the beginning of each lesson we're gonna do scripture chases. I really hope I can get them accustomed to turning the pages in the scriptures before they start seminary.
I find myself constantly thinking about these girls. It's probably just because it's all so new to me, but after last week's lesson I really want to find ways to make the lessons entertaining and fun, as well as meaningful. Parker keeps telling me they just need to know that I care about them, and then they'll like me, and it's all easy from that point on. I know he's right. I'm just not the chatty Kathy teenager I used to be. It's gonna take a little work on my part.
Onto other things. I really am doing VERY well for this pregnancy. I'll be 11 weeks on Friday, and I STILL haven't thrown up. I've wanted to a couple of times, but honestly I'm just gonna believe that the Lord is blessing me, because He knows I just wouldn't be able to handle being sick, working, 2 kids, and have a young women's calling. :) We'll SAY that's what it is. I guess I shouldn't count the chickens before they hatch, but I'm pretty sure by this time with my other 2 babies I was puking my guts out. Hopefully that doesn't mean anything is going wrong with #3. It just means I'm lucky right? Well. .... not too lucky I guess. I'm still super tired. And the naseua is STILL there. But I'm grateful to be doing as well as I am.
Angie's vocabulary is growing by LEAPS AND BOUNDS! She speaks in small sentences now. She says things like, "Caleb get me." and "Daddy shoot me" (when Parker's messing around with his guns). She also says the typical 2-year-old phrases like, "MINE!" and "MOM!!" and "Waaaa!!" But the other day, I could've SWORN she had a poopy diaper. I went to change her and the diaper was dry. I said, "Angie....I thought you were poopy. You stink!" and she said, "I TOOT!" I just about DIED! Now she announces it whenever she does. She's such a lady.
Last Sunday in church Caleb learned the new theme for Primary this year. "Choose the right." I am not really sure what exactly they said in that sharing time lesson, but he ATE IT UP. And when we got home, he was being SO KIND to Angie. They got a couple of the bathroom stools and sat together. He put his blanket over both their laps, and then said, "Mom! I'm sharing my blanket....I'm choosing the right!" He'd share toys, or pat her on the back...all for the sake of "choosing the right". And she, of course, thought she was on top of the world. He was PLAYING with her instead of fighting with her or ignoring her. They played together for a couple of hours without any pushing, arguing, or crying. If only they could act like that EVERY day!
Parker was set apart as the Executive Secretary on Sunday as well. So now I won't have him on Sunday mornings before church, because he'll be in bishopric meetings. But at least church has moved to 11:00 instead of 9:00. So it's not quite as much of a rush in the morning. I'm excited for his new calling. It's been a while since he's had a calling in church that's actually kept him busy. ;)
Well, I'll probably be doing a lot more journaling in this blog for a while. At least while I'm in young women's, because I'm gonna try to go through personal progress again. I did it as a young woman....but I kinda feel like if I should expect my girls to do something, I should be willing to do it myself. So that means journal writing, and reading the book of Mormon cover to cover, and memorizing the Family Proclaimation....and a WHOLE LOT OF OTHER THINGS that I don't really have time for, but I'm gonna MAKE time for.....and just from talking about it I'm sleepy. ;) Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Love the journal entry. Congrats with the young womens. Hopefully someday I'll get to do that. I think it would be right up my alley. Currently I am doing Achievement Days and Choir Director.
Ooops....Its Anna....signed in as Alex. :)
CONGRATS!!!! Well you are one busy mamma now arent you! Funny how it all seems to come at once huh! Well I hope you continue to feel ok this pregnancy- maybe 3 will be the lucky number (fingers crossed). You will do great in the YW- I was in ours 3 years ago and continue to hope I'll get back in :)
Hope you guys are doing great otherwise!!! Congrats again!!!
Post a Comment