Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My baby

My baby turned TWO on Sunday. I just can't believe it. When did she grow up? Sometimes I still feel like we just brought her home. And then she says something to me like, "Love you mommy." and she's just all toddler now. She loves her shoes, and dresses, getting her back scratched (no doubt because Caleb does), and my makeup. She loves it when Caleb chases her around the house.

She has been consistently getting WORSE at going to bed. And taking naps. I guess it comes with being 2. When we first switched her to the bunk beds, she really didn't get up all that much. Now it seems like every night is a battle. She climbs out of bed 3-10 times a night. It's a painful routine of spankings, crying, putting back to bed, and threatening for more spankings if she does it again. I've found with naps, that she does better if I put her down early. Like BEFORE lunch, around 11:00. If I wait till after lunch, she likes to climb out of bed and then it's impossible to get her to stay. Although yesterday she had a late nap. But I had to lie down with her, and we slept together on her bed.

It used to be that a daytime nap would ruin my good-night's sleep. Not when I'm pregnant. Yesterday I got to sleep in till 8:30, AND I took a nap with Angie around 2:00. And I still CRASHED at 11:00 when I went to bed. This pregnancy seems to be marked by TIREDNESS more than anything else. I'm happy to report the naseua has pretty much passed. I'm 12 weeks. Not bad. I'm still technically in my first trimester.

The other night Caleb woke up with a bad dream. He was pretty upset about it and REALLY wanted to sleep in our room. I sat up with him and told him that if he has bad dreams, that he should say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to bless him with GOOD dreams. So we prayed together in the middle of the night. He slept well on the floor next to our bed for the rest of the night. (We don't do children in our bed......ever). The following night he wanted to pray for good dreams, so he did. And when he woke up I asked him, "How did you sleep Caleb?" He said to me, "Mom. I asked Heavenly Father for good dreams, and He gave me NO dreams!......Heavenly Father didn't hear me right!" Parker and I laughed. I explained to him that NO dreams WAS the answer to his prayer. And that Heavenly Father doesn't always answer our prayers the way we THINK he will.....but since he didn't have bad dreams, it was still an answer to his prayer.

Angie is becoming a little copycat. It seems like EVERYTHING Caleb does, she repeats. He has this TERRIBLE habit of climbing down from his stool while he's eating his meals, and either running to give me hug...BETWEEN EVERY BITE!...or to hide under the counter and then ask, "Mom! Can you see me?" Well now Angie climbs under the counter and says, "MOM! See me?" and now SHE insists on having hugs between bites as well. "A hug! A HUG!!" It's REALLY annoying actually. Mealtime is such a pain anyway. For some reason, Caleb always asks if he can sit in the middle when we're riding in the car. The answer is always no. But yesterday we went to put Angie in her carseat, and she climbed over and sat in the middle and said, "I sit en middow!!" SERIOUSLY? NOBODY SITS IN THE MIDDLE! And she TOTALLY got that from HIM. Anyway. Most of the time it's just really cute. She seems to be growing SO FAST lately. I just love her to pieces.

Happy birthday to my baby! I'll post pictures later.

1 comment:

Brian and Lindsay said...

So, my sister Marcy called me last Sunday and said she met you at church. That's awesome you guys are in the same ward. Maybe we will see you sometime when we come visit here. And, congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you are feeling well!