So on Thursday after work, I went to Walmart and bought some underwears and some pull-ups and decided we'd get started the following morning. My hopes weren't too high, she is afterall BARELY two. But we'll see. So Friday morning I sat her on the potty and decided the best way to get a first success would be to spend as much time as possible on the potty....since she didn't even really know how to go yet. Sure enough, after making her sit there for about 20 minutes right after she woke up, she managed to go for her first time.
I put underwears on her after that, so that she would learn what it feels like to be wet. She didn't go again until about 11:00....but surprisingly, after making her sit there long enough she went again. I wondered, "Is it really gonna be like this?" "This is EASY!" Hah. That was my problem I guess. She didn't go for the rest of the day. We spent lots of time on the potty, but she had accident after accident.
On Saturday, we went through about 6 pairs of underwear. 3 of which were poopy. Ick. We had NO success on the potty on Saturday. And discouragement set in. I said to Parker on Saturday night, "I'm only trying this for one more day. If we can't get her to go, we're gonna take a break for a while." He agreed.Sunday morning she woke up dry, so I took her straight to the bathroom, and something clicked. I told her if she'd pee in the potty she'd get a treat. And she looked at me and said, "Ok." And then went. It was like that for the rest of the day! With the exception of a couple poopy pull-ups (which I'll take over a poopy pair of underwear). She went in the potty all day that day. WOW!
Monday at daycare, was ANOTHER success. Tresa (our babysitter) was amazed at how quick she caught on. She's kinda opposite from other two year olds, because when you ask her if she has to go potty....she'll answer "Yeah." every time. Most 2 year olds say "No" every time and you have to take them anyway. But luckily she hasn't got any objection to going potty.....yet. Anyway. We're pretty thrilled. We haven't mastered going #2 in the potty yet.....but honestly it's only been a couple days. I'm sure she'll catch on quicly. I have a few shots of her crazy hair below. It's always out of control, unless I make an effort and comb it every day. Which I do on weekdays. Weekends we get a little sloppy sometimes.
A couple days ago she climbed into the tub with Caleb....AFTER I'd taken her out and gotten her dressed. It doesn't look so bad in this picture, but she'd allready sat down in the water, and was totally soaked. The damage was done. But I'm sure I'll have a picture like this of every kid. I have 2 of Caleb.
She's such a doll. She just melts my heart. She likes to fall asleep holding your hands. And most of the time I'm just amazed at how cute she is. She's growing so fast.....I'm so grateful for such an amazing child. She's a busy little 2-year old....but I really have NOTHING to complain about. She's a sweetheart.
2 comments:
You are right Hebs...she really is so adorable. I love her hair too. Can't wait to see her again.
Wow, that is amazing success! Danton will be 3 on Sunday and just LAST WEEK he started taking to it. I can't tell you how many times I cleaned poop out of unders... *shudder* Good luck with it, I hope she catches on to #2 just as well!
Post a Comment