Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One Month Old

Little Garrett is 1 month old today.  I just can't believe how fast time flies!  And he's SOOO BIG!  2 days ago I started dressing him in 3 month clothes, because the newborn ones are just too tight!  Today also marks the half-way point for my maternity leave.  Another sad thought.  But I'm trying to enjoy as much as I can, and soak up every precious moment as this little baby grows before my eyes.

Baby G sleeps 3-4 hours at a time.  It sometimes makes the nights drag on forever, but my body is getting used to the pattern, and I can go 2 days without a nap and not feel like I'm about to drop dead.  But even so, if I go too long without a nap during the day....I start to get this TERRIBLE headache at the front of my forehead.  Nothing helps to make it go away except catching up on some much-needed z's.
I read this pamphlet that the hospital gave me.....and it says that babies should be drinking 3-4 ounces at each feeding by one month.  Well.  Garrett has been drinking 5 oz bottles for 2 weeks!  No wonder he's so big!  He's just growing so fast.  And I can't complain, he is SUCH a good baby.  He only cries when he's hungry.  He doesn't keep me up for anything more than feedings.  He hasn't had colic, and he doesn't even need to be held to fall asleep.  I really have been so lucky. 
Today I got a picture of his first smile (see above).  It's not much.....but at 4 weeks, I'm just amazed that I was able to get a picture of it.  He hasn't had many facial expressions yet.  But I've decided that his smile does nothing but excentuate those adorable chubby cheeks. 
Garrett has been such a blessing in our home.  I am so excited to watch him grow.  He is precious, and I just adore him.

1 comment:

Brian and Lindsay said...

He is just adorable!! Enjoy your few more weeks before going back to work. That is always so hard!