Last weekend we made a quick trip to Boise to see "Beauty and The Beast" the Broadway musical. Friday we had our ward auction to raise money for the young men and young women, and the cub scouts. Jayne came with me, and we actually had a lot of fun. I felt pretty proud of myself because I stayed pretty close to our pre-determined "spending limit". And Parker (once again) got tied up at work and didn't make it till it was pretty much over.
Anyway. Saturday morning Parker's parents arrived at our house at about 7:30. Parker and his dad had a tee-time at a golf course in Eagle for like 9:40. So Claudia stayed at the house with me and helped me get the kids ready and everything packed while Parker and his dad ran off to play golf. We eventually arrived at my mom and dad's house and basically hung around until dinner time. We had a very nice dinner at PF CHANGS. Parker's parents, my parents, Derek and Amanda, and also my Boss (Dr. Thompson) and his wife (Sylvia). We all had tickets to the play.
The play itself was pretty awesome. I was so glad to see them dancing with the mugs on the song "Gaston!" It was one of my favorite parts. A few things had changed. They cut 2 songs and added one new one. This was my 3rd time seeing the play, so I had lots to compare it to. However, I think my favorite part was talking to my boss afterward. That was their first time seeing a broadway play and they were both just SOO AMAZED at how good it was!
The following morning we drove BACK home because I was singing in a fireside at 4:00. The speaker was "Al Fox" (who is currently on the cover of LDS Living magazine). And then the 2nd speaker was a 17 year old boy from Twin Falls who has been a convert for only 11 weeks. AND who also happens to be a patient of mine. HA! What a coincidence! The fireside was pretty neat. I didn't sing as well as I would have liked to, but people tell me it was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment