Friday, August 21, 2009

I watched a guy jump off a bridge!!

Last weekend Parker and I got to hang out together on Friday night (thanks Paul and Claudia). First we went to dinner in celebration of Parker's birthday at the "Outback Steakhouse." Now, I'm not a huge fan of steak, but we decided to add some king crab to Parker's plate....and then I just got soup and salad.

Can I just say that I had the best tasting soup of my LIFE that day?!! It was creamy onion soup. Don't ask me why that even sounded good at the time...but it did. And it was DELICIOUS! Even Parker thought it was amazing, and he was quite hesitant to try anything with "onion" in it. I asked the waitress for the recipe ..... who am I kidding. that information is like locked in a VAULT! I wonder if I should have offered to buy the recipe....I don't think it would've really made a difference though. I totally would have....it was so good. And lets not forget....king crab is ALWAYS good!! Especially if you eat it first when it's hot! YUMMY!

So after dinner, we went for a walk on the canyon ridge. And wouldn't you know it....we saw a couple of guys folding up their parachutes!! That's right! BASE JUMPING! We got to watch four people jump off that huge bridge! Welcome to Twin Falls! Did you know that bridge is like one of the only places in the U.S. where it's actually legal to jump?! Yeah....and people do it EVERY weekend. But this was the first time we actually got to watch. And YES, I did have my camera with me.
While we were waiting for the people to jump, we met a couple from California that was watching too. That lady was nice enough to take a couple of pictures of me and parker and then e-mail them to me! I didn't even ask her to! So here, for your viewing pleasure......base jumpers in Twin Falls.

3 comments:

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

how awesome!

Sarah said...

fun date! that was awesome of that lady to take your pictures for you.

Melissa & Tory Hebdon said...

That was kid of scarey seeing that shoot open late... there isn't much time for error jumping off the bridge! Happy Birthday Parker!! Looks like you 2 had fun! Love ya:)