Well I hope you all can see this enough to do it justice....(at least the cell phone takes pictures...but I wish he'd had the CAMERA...or the video camera would've been even better). But yesterday Parker and his dad went for a drive in the mountains near Oakley. Yesterday was the first day of BOW season. And Parker's always said that the deer know when the first day of hunting (with a gun) season is...and they all disappear. But bow season is different, cuz it's so early and the deer just have no idea.Parker only took bow-hunter's safety at the beginning of this year. And although he loves to shoot his square block, this deer is actually his first kill with a bow. And....HOLY COW THAT THING'S HUGE! He's so excited! I think he'd mount it on our wall if it wasn't so expensive....and if we had vaulted ceilings. And even though, I always hope and pray he WON'T bring home a deer (cuz lets be honest....that stuff tastes like grass), I am quite relieved that he got it on the first day of the season. Cuz now he's not gonna be ditching out on me every weekend for the rest of the season cuz he hasn't gotten one yet.
Congratulations Parker! Anyone wanna rent us a section of your freezer?....we'll pay you in steaks!.......just kidding.
4 comments:
Eww. SOO glad Adam is not a hunter!!! I'm glad for your sake he got one right away too...Less traumatized deer roaming around for the next month or so having nightmares about almost being hit...and you get company for the next while. Good for you. Good for Parker..I guess. Bad for Mr. Deer.
Lets hope he got it out of his system. :)
I've never known anyone more into killing things than Parker. I remember one time he took the screen out of that green room and mom and dad's house and started shooting robins or doves or somthing out the window AND THEN taught me how to pull the feathers off em! Ha ha just one of those memories of Parker I will never forget! He's such a good brother! He also was the one who taught me how to gut a fish!
That is so Awesome Parker! Congrats.
Post a Comment