Monday, January 18, 2010

Family of Four

We brought Angie home on Sunday January 17th. We had to stay an extra day in the hospital because I was tested positive for a certain kind of bacteria that can be passed to your baby at the time of birth and it can make the baby really sick. It's called GBS (or "group B strep"). The chances of the baby getting sick are quite rare......but if they DO get sick it could be fatal. So before delivery they administer antibiotics to the mother. And then they watch the baby extra close for 48 hours. We were ready to go home after one day, but the pediatrician wanted to keep an eye on her for another day before letting us go.

Caleb was really excited to see his mommy and his baby sister. When I walked through the door, the first thing he said was, "MOTHER!!" And then when he saw that I was carrying a baby car seat he started jumping up and down saying, "It's baby Angie! It's baby Angie!!" The rest was caught on video, so I'll just let you watch.



Angie has been doing well. She has been eating regularly and likes to poop her diaper RIGHT after I've changed it. :)
Parker and I just can't get over how tiny she is. At six pounds ten ounces, she's the smallest grandchild either of our families has ever seen. She has skinny little arms and legs, and extremely long hands and feet. She's very cute.
As far as adjustments go.....Caleb has been very kind and loving to his baby sister. But he does know that there's something different. He's not the only one in the house anymore, and he's been periodically acting out to get attention. Especially in the evenings when he's tired and extra emotional. Our first night home was quite rough. Not because of the baby. She only woke up every 4 hours...........but Caleb woke up several times as well and didn't want me to leave his side. After some strong lectures and a few tears from us as well as Caleb, he was so distraught that he finally fell asleep in our bed (which we NEVER let him do). And then he slept in till 10:30!! (Caleb NEVER sleeps in that late). But last night was much better cuz he didn't wake up at all. But Angie woke up every 3 hours, so mommy is still very sleepy.
I snapped a picture of the boys sleeping just before I woke them up Monday morning. I thought it was hilarious that they were both in the exact same position (half-off the pillow with their heads tilted in the same direction). Caleb really is SOOOO much like his daddy.

8 comments:

Sheri said...

SOO cute! I love how he kept commenting on how your tummy is small. Caleb is freaking adorable, and baby Angie is as well! To tiny and sweet.

Anna Beal said...

Oh Heather! That was so precious to see that moment with you and your little family. Isn't YouTube awesome. So much easier getting those videos posted.

The Shumakers said...

Heather! I'm so excited for you and your family! It was soo sweet the way Caleb was checkin her out...and I LOVE the comment about the tummies and how daddies is big (Gavin tells Todd his belly is big ALL the time)..it's too funny! It makes me really excited for when we get to bring our baby home to see Gavin's reaction! Congratulations!

The Wight Family said...

Congrats Heather! Such a cute video. What is really wierd to me is that when we started school together, Caleb was a baby! Now he's so big and grown up. Angie is so cute and I'm so happy for you!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

That video was so sweet. She is TINY! The buckle in the car seat is like the size of her entire body. What a cute petite little girl! I hope you can get some more sleep soon!

P.S. Love the daddy and Caleb pic. Too funny!

Nate and Kimberly said...

Okay, you have got the cutest little family of four I've seen!! She's beautiful and it looks like Caleb is good with her! That video is soooo adorable!! I saw your blog off of your facebook, hope you don't mind me sneaking a peak! It's good to see you're all doing so well!! You'll have to send me your email address so I can add you to our blog! [it's private] Thanks!! =D

Pedro Garcia Millan said...

ALERTA!

La estafa automotriz mas grande en el territorio Mexicano…

Para MAS informacion pinche:

http://pedromillan.blogspot.com/


***PIENSATELO ANTES DE HACER NEGOCIOS CON ESTE LUGAR!!

Y GET EDUCATED ON THE MOLOCH AXIS DEMONIACS:

http://www.infowars.com/

Gracias

Miranda said...

Baby Angie is sooooooooo cute!!