On Monday I went to work, same as usual. Monday night I went to bed at 10:00 at night. And then I woke up at mindnight shivering. (Mind you I have a huge comforter on my bed and I was sleeping in sweats and socks). Parker took my temperature....and sure enough 103 degrees. "Why am I running a fever?" I thought. Our whole family has had bouts of the cold for the past week. But nothing serious. My fever lasted all night, and when my alarm went off at 6:30 to get up for work, I called in sick.
I stayed home Tuesday and Wednesday because I was running a low-grade fever. Thursday I felt better, so I worked all day. By the end of the day my sinuses were so congested I was sure I had a sinus infection. I couldn't shake my head, and it hurt to bend over to pick something up off the floor. Then last night...
I woke up around 3:00 because Angie needed to eat. As I rolled over in bed I felt this terrible sharp pain in my back. It hurt to breathe. It hurt REALLY bad. Still running a fever, I tried to get back to sleep. But the pain in my lungs was so sharp, it took forever to fall asleep again.
This morning when Caleb woke up I sat up to get him his juice and turn on a movie and the pain was so terrible that I seriously considered going to the emergency room. But....nah. I'd just try to get in and see a doctor. Angie's well-child check (2 months) was today and I was able to get my appointment at the same time as her. Parker went with Angie, and Caleb went with me. After some questioning the doctor said he'd like to get a chest x-ray. Then it came back. The pain in my lungs is because I have Pneumonia. And the fevers I've been having for the past 3 days are consistent with that. So....antibiotics for me. Thank goodness I have the weekend to get better.
Angie, by the way, is in the 50th percentile for her weight.....and 75th percentile for her height (tall girl). And she got 3 shots in the legs poor girl.
When I got home, I laid on the couch and slept some more. My feet were freezing, but I could feel heat radiating from my face. My temperature got as high as 103.1 today. I really didn't like it so I took a cool shower (didn't like THAT either....but I felt WAY better once it was over). And now I sit at the computer writing about it. I'm supposed to have a follow-up appointment with the doc in 5 days. I hope at least the pain in my lungs goes away. I would really like to breathe normally again.
1 comment:
So sorry Hebs. I hope you get better soon.
Post a Comment