Friday, August 20, 2010

Razored

I can't re-arrange the pictures today for some reason. I uploaded them backwards. Oh well. I razored my hair. It's very uneven. Lots of layers. And it's the shortest it's been since I bobbed it in 2nd grade. I needed a change. I liked long hair for 2 reasons. It curls well when it's long. But lets be honest. I wear a ponytail or pigtail braids 4 days a week cuz I'm working all the time. I never have time to curl my hair. Second....I've always been a long-haired kind of girl. And I've kind-of gotten used to it. Hence the change.

After you have a baby....3 months later all your hair falls out. It comes out by the HANDFUL! You lose a load in the shower. Then when you brush it after the shower. And then when you pull out that flat-iron even more comes out. Then.....when baby is 6 months old....it all starts to grow back. What does this mean? Short, can't pin it or curl it, fly-away, baby hairs start to frizz their way back onto your head. Ponytails look rediculous. It's just short hairs that look like frizz because you can't do anything with it. So.....as much as I love long curly hair.....it was time for a cut. And since I only get a haircut about once a year....I decided to do something dramatic. Cuz a year from now....it'll just be long again. Soo. Here's the results. Oh and don't judge.....I am TERRIBLE at taking pictures of myself. And no makeup today because I didn't work....and I just don't get to do that very often.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Ooh! I love your new hair Heather! It makes you look older! But good older! (that is totally meant as a compliment though it may not have sounded that way.)
anyway, it's cute!

Jill and Travis said...

I really, really like it, Heather! I think I like your hair short more than long. It's so cute! I really like the style you picked--fits your face shape well!

Sarah said...

I saw your pictures on FB first, and I LOVE IT!! It looks so good on you.

Anna Beal said...

Have fun with the new due! :) I am also a "long hair" type of girl. Lets see if I can survive the hair loss in the next few months. I know its coming because I've only lost VERY little for the last three months.

Unknown said...

I love your hair cut. I did that after I had Ambry.. cause I'm like you and my hair was driving me crazy- falling out, long and every where. It was smart move to chop it all off.

You look really cute and you can get away with any hair style.
Camille

Brian and Lindsay said...

I think it is way cute!! And, you still look the same age as they day you moved into the Benton house!!