The week before Christmas we decided to make some treats for our friends and neighbors. I got this recipe idea from Brittany Viehweg Staley (her blog is in the right column if you're curious). We made peppermint bark (so easy by the way).
It's called "Creamy Green Bean Soup"
Basicly- cube your leftover ham (I do lots cuz Parker likes meat in his soup) then chop potatoes, onions, celery, and even carrots if you want. Boil till soft. Fill your pot with water (about 6-8 cups worth). Add 2 cans of green beans. Then add cream. Lots..... like 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Salt and pepper to taste. Then I like to add some flour mixed with water to thicken it up. Ta da!
Tastes pretty good! And super easy. You can even make it in the crock pot and then add the cream and flour 15 minutes before serving. Yummy! I love soup in the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment