Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hit with the SICK-STICK

A couple weeks ago Angie woke up and her eye looked like this: This photo was taken AFTER the swelling had gone down. Her eye was actually swollen shut. Now let's not forget.....when this happened, we'd just been through 2 sick days because of Caleb (me AND Parker missing work) and a half sick-day myself. Needless to say, I really didn't work much that week. Parker took her to the doctor, and they immediately administered a high-dose shot of antibiotics into her leg. Parker said it was pretty traumatic, since the solution was thick and had to be administered slowly. Poor baby. After that we had a 10 day course of antibiotics at home. The swelling went down by the next day. What happened? I really don't know. I wasn't there to hear the doctor's explanation, but basicly some kind of bacterial infection to the tissues surrounding the eye. It was NOT pink eye. There was no discharge. Just major swelling. Thank goodness she's doing fine now. But now I'm sick. A terrible nagging cough that results in an awful headache each evening. Nothing a big strong hard-working mom can't handle right? Right. Caleb's flu is gone too. And hopefully we're done being sick for the rest of the YEAR......(we can always dream right)?

No comments: