Tuesday, March 29, 2011
"Tienes Sueno?"
On my birthday I had a little surprise delivered to my office. Parker ordered me some flowers!! I was so surprised! (He's NEVER ordered me flowers!) And here's the coolest part: (story time) When we were dating I had my roommate teach me a pick-up line in Spanish. I knew Parker spoke spanish (having been home from his mission for only a few months) and I wanted to impress him. So this was the phrase I learned (in English): "Are you tired? Because you've been running through my mind ALL DAY!" In Spanish the line sounds like this: "Tienes Sueno? Porque has corrido en mi mente todo el dia!" Well. When I had it perfected, I said the pick-up line to Parker. His face lit up with excitement, and he picked me up and gave me the biggest hug. He WAS impressed! Anyway. The card on my birthday flowers didn't say who it was from. But it DID say, "Tienes sueno?" I read those two words and started to cry. What an awesome birthday surprise. It wasn't even about the flowers. It's about the thought. And the sweetness put into those thoughts. My awesome sweet husband. I DID have a happy birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment