Thursday, March 10, 2011
NUK
My little Angie loves her NUK. And....I don't think I've ever made her sleep without it since she was born. She'll be 14 months old in 5 days. It's time to get rid of it. But, she's NEVER had any issues. I've NEVER made her cry it out to go to sleep....I've never had to. She has always gone to sleep if I put her in bed with her blanket and NUK. But, she can't have it forever. So I decided today is the day. And I'm listening to her scream right now. Why am I making my perfect baby go through this? It's not like she stresses about it during the day, or is even cranky without it during the day. But she has ALWAYS had it to go to sleep. With Caleb.....it was so easy. I went away for a weekend, and Parker stayed at home with him. When I came back home, Parker said he didn't use it anymore. Seriously? No fight. No crying at night? Nope. Nothing. Apparently Angie's not gonna make it that easy. She's been crying for half an hour allready. Augh. This weekend is gonna suck. I hope she sleeps as well as she used to with the nuk once she gets used to this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can sympathize. I had to take them away from dejah at 2, mycah at 18 mos , Logan at 6 mos. My Lexi is 7 mos and I still don't have the guts. Best thing is if you can just go to bed and shut your door with a fan running so you don't have to hear her cry. It may take a week or two but she will get over it and be back to her normal self. I gave my kids a zippy with water in exchange.
two minutes after I posted this she fell asleep. Phew.
Good to know. 30 mins of crying isn't too bad!
Hope she's got the hang of sleeping without it now! Your kids are getting so big. Caleb looks great with all his teeth!! How exciting.
Post a Comment