I'm afraid my blogging skills are lost. I don't seem to ever have anything to write about except how funny or cute my kids are. But maybe I can mix this up a little bit. How about I just tell you some things that have been going through my mind.... Everybody's yard is green but ours. We have so much winter-kill it just looks brown. I'm so anxious for spring, and every time I drive to or from work I just look at everybody else's yard that has flowers and green grass and I'm totally jealous. I know. It's only April. I wish I had daffodils in my yard. I've got lots of tulips, and they've started to come out of the ground, but no blossoms yet. All my neighbors have daffodils with blossoms allready. We haven't done our taxes yet. We always say that we'll get them done early this year. But we ALWAYS never get them filed till the week OF, or before. A girl in my office got a tummy-tuck and a boob job last month. Personally it's never sounded like something I would EVER do. But after she came back to work,and I see how GOOD she looks.... I actually started thinking to myself that I might actually WANT that someday.... hah. As if I'd EVER be able to afford it though. On the OTHER hand, it ALSO motivates me to work out, since I THINK I can look as good as her with a bit of hard work. Sigh. I really do enjoy dancing. There's this song called the "Cha Cha slide" and I like to dance to it with the kids in the living room. Even Angie recognizes the song. I've put a video here of Caleb doing his version. Don't you LOVE his "cha cha"? I HATE feeding Angie. It's a pain. She signs "eat" to me all the time. I get her in her high-chair, and she throws her food on the floor. She HATES being spoon-fed because she likes to do everything herself. You have to distract her with some pretty entertaining toys to get her to eat from a spoon. And she will ONLY eat a banana if the peel's still on. She used to eat little broken pieces of banana off her tray. Now she just mushes them. You must hand her the banana partially peeled and let her bite into it herself. When she gets to the peel....that's the end. She won't eat the rest if you take the peel off. She's just SOOO picky compared to Caleb. And because I can never get much into her in one sitting. She has to be fed SEVERAL times a day. Like, four or five sometimes. And after EVERY meal, the floor is COVERED with mess. And it takes sweeping AND mopping to keep things from being sticky. Angie likes to pick up the rocks from the flower beds in the front yard and put them in her mouth. EVERY time she's outside.
I FINALLY got a raise at work! Not much, but it was something. And I've already noticed a significant difference on my paycheck! I asked for a raise a year ago. But the economy sucks, and in times like these sometimes you just have to be grateful to have a job. So I never asked again. But yesterday my boss approached me and thanked me for all my hard work. It feels good. And it gives me a reason to stick around.
I'm so excited to plant grass in our back yard! I hope I'll be able to send the kids outside to play this summer. I really can't wait.
oh my goodness Jayden is the SAME way! I HATE feeding her! She gets hungry but when I put her in her chair she just throws EVERYThing on the floor. She HATES whole milk and is so picky about foods she gags chokes and throws up all the time if a food tastes weird to her or the texture! I feel like that is what I do ALL day long is feed her because I am having to feed her like 5 times also!
1 comment:
oh my goodness Jayden is the SAME way! I HATE feeding her! She gets hungry but when I put her in her chair she just throws EVERYThing on the floor. She HATES whole milk and is so picky about foods she gags chokes and throws up all the time if a food tastes weird to her or the texture! I feel like that is what I do ALL day long is feed her because I am having to feed her like 5 times also!
Post a Comment