Last week was the Cassia County Fair. Such a big deal to all the "Burley-ites." Parker's sisters, Katelyn and Robyn came into town for the occasion. It was so nice for the Lyons cousins to get to play together. We only get to see Robyn and her family a couple times a year. Caleb and Angie even spent 2 nights (Tuesday and Wednesday) at Grandma's house so that they could all spend more time together.
Tuesday was the concert. Darryl Worley. Wow. What a good concert! We loved it! He's quite the patriot. And he has written many songs dedicated to the people who fight for our country. One song in particular "Unsung Heroes" was written for the FAMILIES of those who are in the service of our country. Well I don't know if all of you know, but Katelyn's husband, Jared, is currently in Afganistan. That song was truly touching and we all held eachother and cried with Katelyn. She has an amazing husband. And SHE is stronger than I could ever imagine. SHE is an unsung hero. Please take a minute to listen to the song
HERE.
Wednesday night Parker and I enjoyed an evening without the kids. ;) Good idea Grandma.
Thursday after work, I went and got the kids. We went to the fair again and I had a Greek Gyro for dinner. Wow. YUM. Yes I'm trying to lose weight....but I just LOVE fair food. I made just a FEW exceptions this week.

On Friday Robyn brought the kids to our house and we took the kids to the park to play. There was a moment where her son, Lucas, was playing with one of our solar lights from the pathway outside. Caleb told him not to play with it, and Lucas threw it at him. It hit him just outside his left eye.I don't think he understood how much that would hurt, but Caleb came into the house screaming....and Robyn drug Lucas OUT of the house screaming. He really is a sweet kid. And very fun and playful. Just a little over-the-top sometimes. ;) We love him though. I regret to report that the past 3 times Caleb and Lucas have played together, Caleb has been left with a few battle scars. Friday's was definately the worst so far though. Anyway. After the drama was over we rode bikes to the park and had the kids play for a little while.

Then on Saturday we went BACK to Burley so Parker could play his yearly "Birthday Golf" with his dad. And I got to spend a little more time with Robyn. I sure miss her. When we lived in Pocatello, she was my best friend. I was devastated when she moved away.

Anyway. The kids loved playing outside in Grandma's beautiful yard. You don't quite realize how much you appreciate GRASS until you've spent a little time in Vegas. Robyn's kids were in HEAVEN!
Saturday we also had a birthday party for Lucas. He turns four.....today actually. But they decided to throw him a party while he was with his grandparents. I ate pizza for dinner. It was good.....and I've just been hoping and hoping my 4 weeks of weight-loss isn't completely ruined.
Three day-trips to Burley and then on Sunday Parker's other sister, Jayne had her baby. So we're making another trip this evening to see her and baby Saije (pronounced "Sage").
We really enjoyed spending so much time with Parker's sisters last week. The fair is always a good excuse to get everybody together!
No comments:
Post a Comment