Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 2 Weigh-In

I'm 2 weeks into my 90 day challenge to get into shape and lose some weight.....or inches. Both hopefully. Here's the stats:

Starting weight: 167.2 lbs
Week One: 163.4 lbs
Week Two: 161.2 lbs

When I got on the scale, I won't lie......I was pretty dissapointed. I was REALLY hoping to break 160 after two weeks. It's kinda discouraging that I've only lost 6 lbs in two weeks. However, I know it took more than 2 weeks for the weight to get there. And I've been told time and time again that it's not really the scale that you should measure your progress, but your waist size. I didn't measure my waist at the beginning, or after week one.

Week Two Waist: 35 1/2 inches

I think I've lost AT LEAST a half an inch allready, but I'll never know for sure. I know I shouldn't expect too much too early. After all, I only jog for 30 minutes 4 days a week. BUT! Last weekend I got a new bike, and I've decided to add a 15 minute bikeride in the evenings. It's really relaxing after the kids have gone to bed and doesn't quite take as much out of me as a 30 minute work-out. But doing so will make my total exercise time 45 minutes a day instead of just 30.

I've decided if I want more results on the scale, that I need to spend more time working muscle. Biking is really good for that, but I'll start doing a few more crunches, lunges, and rubber-bands. Building muscle increases your metabolism, and therefore helps you burn more fat- hence better results on the scale. I'm not a fan of this part of the workout, but as long as I AM working out, I might as well do it in a way that I'll get the results I want. After all- half the battle is convincing yourself to do it.

The last thing I've decided to change is a NEW RULE. No eating within 2 hours before going to bed. Parker is the KING of this. He ALWAYS has a bedtime snack. And I get the munchies too. But Parker has an uncle who lost 10 lbs doing nothing but NOT eating after dinner. Takes a little discipline....but if it'll take a few more pounds off the scale, I'll try it.

Here's to another week! PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I don't know if I already said something about this site but www.trainermomma.com is a great place to find some easy & great workouts. The full body ones are my favorite. I used to do them twice a week before summer started & saw really good results.