Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thirty!

Well this post is a little late. But on August 15th Parker turned 30! I know, he's getting old. ;) We were lucky enough to have Parker's sister, Robyn, and her 2 kids in town at the time. So she and Grandma and Grandpa came over that evening to celebrate. We had dinner at Sizzler, and the kids were really good actually. And then we went back to the house for a little party. I'd made a cake on my lunch break just for the occasion. Since Parker allready had his birthday present picked out WEEKS ago (a new handgun) I decided that this year I was going to get him things that would make him feel like a kid again. I searched HIGH AND LOW at the thrift stores for some "hammer pants." I really thought that'd be funny. But never did find any. But I DID find a birthday card that played "Can't Touch This" when he opened it. Good enough. It made him laugh. I also got him some lincoln logs. His mom is always telling me how much he loved to play with those when he was a kid. I also got him a big bag of peanut M&M's. And then "The Sound of Music" on DVD. Now there's a story behind this one too: When Parker was a kid, he had one of his friends spend the night at his house. And they chose to watch "The Sound of Music" that night. (That's a little funny right there if you ask me). But anyway. A little later that night, Parker's mom went downstairs to check on the boys and Parker was DEAD asleep on the couch. And his friend was SINGING HIS HEART OUT along with the movie! So cute. Anyway, I know Parker has always loved this movie, and I can't believe we've gone so long without buying it. Anyway. Now it's part of our collection.
We really did have an enjoyable evening. I just can't believe he's THIRTY! Before I know it, that's gonna be ME blowing out those candles!



Parker asked for a white cake with cream cheese frosting. So that's what I did. And I made it from scratch. (I've decided cake mixes really don't save that much time.....and the ones from scratch are SOOOO much better).



I love my husband and I hope he had a good birthday! Here's hoping his next 30 years are as good as the last!

No comments: