Sunday, April 29, 2012

A little bit awesome

I just HAD to throw this onto the blog, cuz it's so neat.  For the month of April, Parker and I made a resolution to NOT EAT OUT at all (with the exception of our one date-night we had this month and honestly it should hardly count cuz we went to Applebee's and ordered 2 for $20).   I'm happy to report that we did it.  We only slipped up ONCE and it was last week when Parker was working late most days or going to class, and I had 3 separate church activities plus visiting teaching.  He was actually sick too.  Parker had a fever Tuesday night and Wednesday night last week.  Anyway, we were both so busy and he felt so miserable I told him to pick himself up some food on his way home from school Wednesday night.  That was it.  The purpose was to see how much money we'd save and honestly I don't know if he's done the actual tally for that yet, but I know it's a lot.  But here's something that we DIDN'T expect to happen.  Parker has lost 10 lbs this month.  Hah!  Who knew?  I was noticing just last night that he seems to have lost some "roundness" around his face.  He mentioned that he'd thought so too, but then we asked eachother......why?  At first I thought maybe he's just eating less at lunch, or maybe that he's golfing more.  But then it hit me, we haven't had any fast food this month!  What a nice little perk!  I must say, it was only hard for about the first week and then I started to get used to it.  Now it doesn't even cross my mind anymore.  And I think it's a trend that we're going to be able to maintain.  How nice.  I don't even want to know how much money we could have saved if we could have kept this discipline for the past several months, or even year or two!  But here's to the future and future savings!

1 comment:

Brian and Lindsay said...

That's great! It was so fun to see you last weekend. You have a cute little family. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!