I'm 25 weeks and 2 days today. The baby is very active. I feel him move several times each hour of the day (or so it seems). And there are times when it's allready starting to get uncomfortable. At times I just don't know how I'll make it another 3 1/2 months. And lets not forget that those 3 1/2 months will be SUMMER months. Augh.....it's going to be a long summer. There are times when I look in the mirror and I just don't know how I can continue to grow for all that time. I feel so big allready.
I get some pretty bad pain in my lower back (pelvis more like it) when I lie down on my back. I get it every pregnancy, and so, naturally, there's nothing that can be done about it. Just sleep with a pillow behind my back to make sure I don't roll flat on my back in the middle of the night. Parker doesn't get much space when I'm pregnant. Oh well.
For Easter, I got the kids some new church clothes. I found a BEAUTIFUL yellow dress at Fred Meyer for Angie, and some new black pants for Caleb (I didn't realize how tight or short his old ones were until I got the new ones that actually fit him!!) I also got new shoes for both of them. Angie- Is- Obsessed. She spends SOOO much time every day changing her shoes. She just loves them! She really likes to do it herself too, and if you try to help her she gets mad. "No! My do it!" or "I do it myschelf!" She is well familiar with the words "wrong foot" or "turn it around" and responds to correct the problem. This goes for dressing herself too. She changes her clothes several times a day as well. Often we deal with inside-out or backwards outfits, but she gets it on...and sometimes that surprises me considering the long sleeves, or tightness of some things that she decides to put on. She's getting pretty good.

On Easter morning, I asked Caleb if the Easter Bunny had brought him a basket. He walked up to his blue bucket, and said, "Mom! The Easter Bunny got it down from the pantry!" It's true. The easter buckets are the same as last year. And I kept them in the pantry all year long. Plus the buckets were filled with candy that I'd kept in the pantry for the past couple of days. Thankfully, this didn't seem to be a reason for him to doubt the actual existance of the easter bunny....just a lack of creativity. Or MOM'S lack of tricky-ness. Oh well. I REALLY don't care if he doesn't believe in the easter bunny. It's not what Easter is about anyway.
Angie is starting to take herself potty. Without telling me. So far it hasn't resulted in anything icky or messy......I still worry about her wiping herself. She has a little fascination with toilet paper, and doesn't always realize that once it's touched her bum......it GOES IN THE TOILET. But she does pretty good. For the most part- potty training has really improved as of last week. On Easter....she had 3 accidents. All of which were poopy. After she'd gone the first time, I put her in underwear because she usually only poops once a day. Not on Easter. TWO MORE poopy accidents! And both were LARGE and messy, and stinky. I truly don't mind the extra laundry, if I didn't have to clean up poopy underwear. Augh. By the end of the day I was so frustrated. Then to top it off, (while we were at Grandma's house) Caleb comes in and tells me that HE had an accident. He NEVER has accidents!! And I didn't bring a spare change of clothes for him. I said "Caleb- you can't DO that! You have to go potty BEFORE you have an accident. You can't wait so long." He replied to me, "Mom! I DID go potty! But my pee-pee wouldn't come out fast enough!" Ok. So now I'M about to wet myself. The anger went away and I just had to laugh. Lucily grandma bought him new jammies for easter, and so he went home commando in those. And I had PLENTY of laundry when we got home.
In other news, I haven't been up to much lately except work. I feel so guilty sometimes. I spend all my time at work just wishing I could be home with my kids. And then the second I get home, I want NOTHING MORE than to put them in bed. About 3 weeks ago, I DID do something different. I read "The Hunger Games" series, and finished the first book the night the movie came out. I must say I really enjoyed it. I love to read, but don't do it very much because it's so time-consuming for me. I read all 3 of these books in about one week. 

I finished the first book on Friday night, and then I made Parker come with me to the movies on Saturday so that I could see it. I was glad to hear that he enjoyed it, and even wants to read the books himself, maybe when school's out this summer. Parker actually likes to read too, but he doesn't ever have time. He's working more hours than me, and he has school. Plus he has to fit in time for golf and shooting his guns ;).
Anyway. We have also started working on the back yard again. The current plan is to lay sod. THis was a decision Parker made last fall. I think he felt bad about the emotional break-down I had when I found out we'd put off planting the grass for too long, and that it was too late to do it before winter hit. He told me when spring comes, we'll lay sod so that we can have an instant yard. But there's still prep-work. And spring means weeds. It's been a battle. We're getting so close. This weekend Parker's dad is coming over to help get the ground ready. Then the week after that we're supposed to lay the sod. I sure hope it happens. This is the ONE thing that I've REALLY EVER WANTED since we've moved into this house. And this will be our 3rd summer. Everybody cross your fingers! I don't know if I can handle any more disappointment.
Last week I also cut Angie's hair. It was getting long in the back. She had a bit of a "mullet", so I just took the scissors to it and cut the long stuff off the back. Mostly I followed her around the house with the scissors until I just couldn't chase her anymore. But she did hold still for the beginning, and I think I did pretty well. I must say, she looks much more girly now. I like it a lot. 
No comments:
Post a Comment