Halloween this year was lots of fun. Grandma and Grandpa Lyons came to our house, along with Jayne and Brogan and their 2 kids (Saije, and Channing). Grandma and Grandpa were SO fun to watch this year. They haven't had trick-or-treaters at their house in over 15 years....because they don't really live in a neighborhood anymore. So they really enjoyed giving out candy to all the kids.
Caleb got his costume from Perron Hansen (our old babysitter's son) before they moved. A pteradactyl (no Idea how to spell that one by the way). Caleb was especially excited about this costume after visiting the "dinosaur tracks" museum in St. George last week.
Angie was a fairy. She got this green "tinker bell" costume from her cousin Camry just a few weeks ago. I found the wings at "once upon a child" for like 3 dollars. Add a few glow-sticks for fun, and she just couldn't stop dancing.
I was glad I didn't have to take the kids trick-or-treating by myself again this year. Parker's had to work late the past 2 halloweens. So it was nice to stay home and hand out candy while daddy walked the streets with the kids.
I think Caleb likes handing out candy more than going door-to-door. He gets so excited every time the doorbell rings.
I am NOT a fan of halloween candy. Yes I love chocolate. That's the problem. I have a very hard time practicing self control. And the kids are worse. OH THE SUGAR-HI we had that night. The kids were WIRED and I could tell Caleb was acting different. It was like he couldn't hear anything I said to him. And now every morning, Angie and I have the same fight. "NO you can't have candy before breakfast!"
Halloween....it's a love-hate relationship. I think I'll like it a lot better when we can start having parties instead of trick-or-treating.
No comments:
Post a Comment