Easter Sunday was a good day for us. We went to church at 9:00, and I sang a musical number during sacrament meeting: "He Sent His Son." Since it's a primary song with only 1 verse, it lasted about 30 seconds. Oh well. People tell me it was good. After church we headed over to Burley to spend the rest of the day at Grandma Lyons's house. I also let the kids paint eggs....although come to think of it, that was Saturday. Oh well. Close enough.
The kids dyed their eggs, but wanted to paint with paintbrushes too. So once they were all pretty, the kids managed to deface all of their lovely eggs. Ahh well.....at least they had fun.
Here's one of my creations:
I am grateful for all the hard boiled eggs though, they make for a cheap and healthy lunch for me on workdays.
The Lucas and Kayleigh were still at Grandma's house because their mom and dad were in Costa Rica for the week celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary. This was exciting, because Caleb and Angie really don't get to see those two very often since they live so far away. All of the Lyons grandchildren (Caleb, Lucas, Kayleigh, Angie, and Saije) got to have an easter-egg hunt in Grandma's back yard.
After the easter egg hunt they got out the 4-wheelers. Holy cow, was that fun. I think the kids rode on those things for HOURS! And it was such a beautiful day.
I did my share of cooking for Easter dinner. I made homemade crissoant rolls and 2 coconut cream pies. And yes....it tasted as good as it looks....
Truly one of my favorite parts of the day was that I was able to get this picture:
If you could sum-up my life in one picture, this would be it. 4 people that I live and breathe for. A smartie-pants 3 year old with a silly personality and a smile that melts my heart. A 6 year old boy who makes his mamma proud every single day, and who genuinely tries to be good and choose the right. He has his moments like all kids do- but he has a thirst for knowledge and works very hard to be a good example to his siblings and his friends. And then an 8-month old bundle of joy. I know I say it all about all my kids, but Garrett HAS to be the happiest baby in the world. He screams and squacks and loves attention, but does not need it to be happy. And then a man, who works and cares and has been with me through it all. Helping, loving, and laughing. He ALSO has his moments (as most children do....;) but every evening I realized how much I need him, and am so grateful when he is there for me (someday he will no longer be a student and I'll get him every evening....almost. It's true I'm married to golf too. I'm used to it and....MOST of the time I don't even mind.)
No comments:
Post a Comment