Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break

 For spring break this year, Grandma Lyons had Kayleigh and Lucas stay at their house while their parents (Robyn and John) celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary in Costa Rica.  I decided to send my kids to stay for 3 days so that the kids could get some time to play together (since they only get to see eachother a couple times a year).  So Sunday evening I dropped them off, and they stayed Monday, Tuesday, and I went and picked them up Wednesday after work. 
Overall I think it was a good time.  It was only my second time being away from little Garrett over-night.  And I'm sorry to say that he was sick the entire time he was there.  He kept Grandma up with his coughing spells and crying (which is SOO not normal for him....he usually sleeps through the night).  I felt terrible.  He acted clingy and lethargic and had little to no appetite the entire time.  And his eyes even started to get a little cold.  One morning he woke up and his right eye was completely gooped-over and could not open.  Even so, he wasn't really fussy....just lethargic, and not eating well.  I debated for DAYS about whether or not to take him to the doctor.
 
When I did, I was sure glad.  He had ear infections in both ears, and pinkeye.  What a tough kid he is!  I felt terrible he'd been sick for so long (over a week) before I'd taken him.  Although (honestly) if you take them in too early they just say "Oh...it's a virus.  Put a humidifier in his room and make sure he drinks lots of fluids."  Because I waited, I was able to get him on antibiotics and he is doing SOOO much better now.
 
Thank goodness he didn't get any of the other kids sick.  And they really had a lot of fun together.
I couldn't believe how much I missed them.  I mean...don't get me wrong.  It was nice to have some time away, but that time away made me realize JUST HOW MUCH of my life REVOLVES around those 3 children.  On the evenings when Parker wasn't home yet, I felt....lonely and bored.  And I truly didn't know what to do with myself.  

 They spent a lot of time outside running around and getting FILTHY dirty.  I've decided that Caleb is at that point where he pretty much needs a shower every day.  He just gets so dirty!  Angie is not much better either.  Here's some photos of a day I made tortillas.  I let the kids play outside and when I finally finished I had this mess to deal with....
 I really don't think the photos do justice.  Angie is COVERED in flour and Caleb is COVERED in MUD!  The picture doesn't show it too well, but his pants were soaked up to his knees.


 
I was glad to have them back after Spring break.  I really did miss them.

No comments: