Monday, July 22, 2013

Birthday Working

I guess I just want to take a second and write down my thoughts.  Today is my baby's 1st birthday.  The past year has gone by so fast.  And he's so beautiful!  There are so many LITTLE things about him that just make me love him SO much.  His blue eyes.  How did I get a kid with blue eyes?!  I don't know, but I LOVE them.  His WIDE smile.  My other 2 kids have small mouths.  They have beautiful smiles too, but G's wide mouth makes his smile so different.  And it just melts my heart.  His PERFECT little teeth.  With every pregnancy I worry about how my child's teeth are going to develop.  I prayed and prayed that G's teeth would develop properly and completely.  And as far as I can tell....they have.  I can't even tell you how much joy this brings me.  My other kids are happy and function just fine with the teeth that they have, but it just makes me so happy to know that I don't have to live with that worry for this child.  The anatomy of his little teeth is just perfect.....and his smile is so cute with those little things.....even if he uses them to bite me when I think he's giving me loves.

Today I am feeling kinda bummed.  I thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal to work on Garrett's birthday.  He's only 1.  He doesn't know it's his birthday.  He won't realize this day is any different than any other.  And mommy at work is just like the other days.  But somehow, it's kinda getting to me anyway.  He may not know it's his birthday.....but I do.  And I just wish I was at home loving on him instead of here.  I have SOOO many things I would rather be doing right now.  Like cleaning up the suitcases and laundry from our trip to Boise this last weekend.  Getting things like wrapping paper, spray-paint, and construction paper for Caleb's birthday on Thursday.  Making a cake for Garrett's birthday today. 

I'm missing my kids and really wishing I wasn't working.  I always hope that my 4:00 patient won't show up so that I can go home early.....it happens sometimes.....but never on days like this when I seem to want it so much more.  I'll write another post later that's much happier and full of pictures for Garrett's birthday.

No comments: