
Okay well one thing about Hells Canyon, is it's a place for accomplishments! For landmarks! When I was about ten years old, I went outside the wake for the first time while waterskiing. Granted, I was scared stiff and even though I had skied several times, it actually took me lots of tries before I got enough courage to go outside the wake. Anyway, Parker had his first Hells Canyon Landmark this weekend. He cleared the wake for the first time on the wakeboard. YAY Parker! Now when he goes up for Labor Day we'll have to convince him to do his first backflip. (wouldn't that be cool)!
Hells Canyon is also a great place for fishing. This is Parker's favorite part about the lake. He and my dad and Derek went up to the dam and fished for a couple of hours. They caught so many fish! Parker said they were biting every time you put your line in the water.
These are some pictures of David wakeboarding. I have to say he's the best wakeboarder I've ever seen! (which isn't saying much, cuz I don't watch other people wakeboard, besides my family) However, I happen to know he's pretty dang good. This post has a few videos of him and Jason wakeboarding so you can see how good they are for yourself.
You'll probably notice that Caleb is crying in lots of pictures where he's wet or in the water. I'm sure you remember me saying that the kid has a phobia of water. The problem is, that it was SOOO HOT up there that we had to dip him into the lake at least two to three times a day just to keep the kid cool. He'd pretty much cry till we pulled him out and then he'd just want to sit on my lap until he was dry again. The poor kid. He NEVER took naps on this trip, cuz he's a little energizer bunny and he won't go to sleep unless he has a dark room and a crib. No can do while you're camping....so he just stuck it out and then crahsed with us when we went to bed. 

And here's more pictures of my brothers. Derek slicin' up that glassy water on the water ski, and David flying through the air on his wakeboard. Did I mention he's really good? Oh yeah, I did.
Parker also caught the most air I've ever seen while at hells canyon. I'm so proud of him!!


And this is me. Like I said, very few pictures of me, and even less that are good. Oh well. I skied so much that I could barely get up the last time I went! My muscles are SOO SORE!


Allright, here's Caleb crying his eyes out cuz he had to get wet. Parker and I double knee-boarded together, and when we were done, we had Caleb join us in the water. Boy was he upset! I have a feeling it's gonna take YEARS before he has enough courage to water ski (just like it did me). I'll tell you what. The kid is a physical clone of his father, but he's ALL ME when it comes to his personality.
And here's more pictures of my brothers. Derek slicin' up that glassy water on the water ski, and David flying through the air on his wakeboard. Did I mention he's really good? Oh yeah, I did.
And this is me. Like I said, very few pictures of me, and even less that are good. Oh well. I skied so much that I could barely get up the last time I went! My muscles are SOO SORE!
Allright, here's Caleb crying his eyes out cuz he had to get wet. Parker and I double knee-boarded together, and when we were done, we had Caleb join us in the water. Boy was he upset! I have a feeling it's gonna take YEARS before he has enough courage to water ski (just like it did me). I'll tell you what. The kid is a physical clone of his father, but he's ALL ME when it comes to his personality.
3 comments:
Well it looks like I missed out on a good time. But I'm glad I didn't have to deal with my girls, it probably wouldn't have been as much fun. Especially with that heat....and no husband to help me out.
Wow that looks like fun! Lydia dosen't much like the water either. Well she likes kiddie pools but nothing bigger than that. Nice job on the jump parker!
I am pretty sure Caleb is the cutest little boy I know. That kid is going to be a ladies man, I can already tell. You and Parker must be doing a good job of raising him because he is sure a sweet kid. I hope he grows out of his aquaphobia soon... he won't have much fun in the summer's if he doesn't. when I was growing up I was a little fish! Anyway I hope your job is going well and that life has been fun for you lately! talk to you later.
Post a Comment