Allright, so I'm sure the whole world knows that last night was the release of the 4th and final book in the twilight series, "Breaking Dawn". My sisters, my mom, and myself decided to make it a girl's night and go to the release party. But before we did, we went to Red Lobster for dinner and then went to see the new Batman movie. Which, I have to add that I really liked it....however it was REALLY violent I thought......does anyone else think it should have been rated "R"? Hmm.....Not quite sure what I think about that cuz then I wouldn't have gone to see it. But I did like it....even though I watched half the movie from between my fingers. Anyway. The movie got out around 10:45 and so we then went to the bookstore for the midnight release party at Hastings to get our books.Now.....the theme of the release party was, "Vampire Prom". And there were lots of girls dressed up. Even my sister, Melissa, couldn't resist putting on a pretty dress for the occasion...even though there were hardly any boys there. Oh well.....we're all married, the days of impressing are over right?......:) Anyway. Luckily, Mom and Anna got spots right in the front of the line, so when midnight hit.....we didn't even have to wait. We handed them our ticket (because we of course reserved our copies) and headed for the cashiers. I was actually the first person to buy a book in the store. That's kinda fun.
Below is a picture of Ashley and Kelsey Bailey. (Remember....the Baileys are the family that was living at my parents house for the past couple months....they moved out last weekend). Ashley (11 years old) has read Twilight SEVEN TIMES!!! So these girls were all dressed up and aren't they cute?!!
Oh P.S. ......the song on my playlist is from Stephenie Meyer's recently released playlist for "Breaking Dawn". As I said in an earlier blog....she picks out a song to go with every chapter of every book she's ever written. Pretty cool huh? Although I must warn you....she waited to release the playlist because it's been said that sometimes the playlists give away the contents of the book. So if you haven't read it yet (I haven't....I took the risk)....just beware if you're worried about spoilers. I didn't think it gave anything too serious away. You can find her playlist at: www.stepheniemeyer.com. Okay see ya!
3 comments:
You really need to post that picture with Mom in it.
I DID!! But then I was doing some editing and it deleted it!! And you know as well as I do that when you add a picture after it's been deleted, it gets put on the top of the post! And I wanted the book cover on the top. I would have had to totally re-done the post. So I just left it.
Heather
Heather- Once you upload the picture you can click and drag it down to where you want it...It took me FOREVER to figure it out!!
Post a Comment