Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Coach Lyons


So not only am I married to an athlete, but I'm also married to a COACH! That's right.
Parker was asked to be the assistant-coach for Burley High School's JV Basketball team.


So here are some pictures of him doing his job. It's fun just to watch HIM, cuz he gets all fired up and yelling at the refs and stuff. And he's always giving good advice....(I think). Can't really tell what he's saying but, he looks really animated. So I'm guessign that's good advice. I think he's enjoying being back on the sports scene.


So while we were at the game, I told Caleb that Daddy is the Coach. And Caleb looked at me and said, "no....'sss PARKER!" And I said, "yeah but he's the COACH!" And he got all serious, " 'ssss PARKER!" Then I finally got him to accept it, and I got a cute little video of it. Sorry the screen is off, I was trying to hold the camera away from myself, but I didn't have it turned enough.



One of the awesome things about having Parker coaching is that it brings out the passion in him. I can tell he's really enjoying it. He told his dad the other day that sometimes, he just wants to run out on the court himself.
I think the boys look up to him, and he's easy to relate to cuz he's so young. And he went to Burley too.
So while at the game, Caleb sees his daddy and he kinda gets upset that he can't do what he's doing on the coach's bench. He says, "Daddy sap? Daddy sap?" (which...mommy's translation...means he wants to go sit on daddy's lap). But after the game, Parker let Caleb run on the edge of the court, and it was really cute. I got a video of that too. ENJOY! Good luck with your team Coach Lyons! I know you're gonna be awesome, and I also have a feeling that this is just the first of MANY coaching opportunities you'll have....even if it's just our son's little-league team. But I'm guessing there's more.




3 comments:

Brody and Ashley said...

Way to go Parker!!!

Jill and Travis said...

That is so cool! We are glad Parker has the opportunity to be involved in something he loves. And is getting good experience before being thrusted into little league!

Sarah said...

yeah yeah, great for Parker. But I really wanted to say how much I loved the videos! Caleb is so cute! I cracked up when he started walking backwards. we miss hanging out with you guys.