Saturday, December 27, 2008

Caleb cut his first tooth!!!!!!

Well, I wasn't sure it would ever happen, but today Caleb finally cut his first tooth! Tonight he was running around, I we thought he had something in his mouth....so I went to see what it was, and when I stuck my finger in his mouth I felt something sharp on the bottom left side. HE CUT A TOOTH!! Holy cow, we were so excited! Delayed erruption is a symptom of Ectodermal Dysplasia, as well as missing teeth they manage to come in late.

Now, we know from some of the x-rays that our son is missing some teeth that are gonna affect the way he looks. With only canine teeth on the front, and only canines and maybe one or two molars on the bottom, he's gonna look like a little vampire when they all finally come in. I've attached a picture so you can see what it will look like...THIS IS NOT A PICTURE OF CALEB. But it is probably what he will look like (or close to it) when all his teeth finally come in. You'll notice the bottom picture is also a changing picture, that shows before and after dental treatment. It's pretty cool. Anyway, so no making fun. We're happy his teeth are finally coming in, and even though he's gonna look pretty silly till he's old enough for us to convince him to wear a denture, we just want to take this moment to congratulate Caleb on his first tooth, errupted at two years and five months.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

HORAY! That is a great Christmas present!

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

yah! That was so exciting to see your reaction! :)

Jill and Travis said...

Oh Yay! that made everyone here happy! I read the title of your post out loud and everyone present gathered around to read it. How exciting! Good work Caleb! And the changing picture thing is neat. Modern dentistry is amazing.

Brandon and Katie said...

Congrats!! Sorry to hear the news of the diagnosis though! It's tough to have our little ones go thru things that arent in the "norm".

The Laws said...

way to go Caleb!!!