Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fighting.....

Well this week pretty much sucked. Sunday Caleb and I skipped church because he had a little cold, and I didn't wanna spread it to every other kid in the nursery. Well wouldn't you know, he spread it to me?!! I went to bed Sunday night with a sore throat. Monday I had a sore throat all day. Tuesday it moved to my nose, and that's when it REALLY starts to suck, cuz you can't breathe. Tuesday night I took nyquil for the first time in my life......I felt like a piece of lead, and I hope Caleb didn't cry that night, cuz I wouldn't have heard him. And the cold drags on....
You know what sucks about a cold?!! Everybody gets them. It's just enough crap to make you miserable. But not bad enough to miss work. Not that I want to miss work, but sometimes I wish it was all or nothing you know? If you're gonna be sick...BE SICK. None of this cold crap. Augh!
I had this old man patient today, and I was sniffling behind my mask. I rinsed his mouth with water, and then I put the suction in his mouth to suck it all out. He said, "You need to stick that thing up your nose!" I laughed. I'd probably do it if I knew it'd work. I'll try anything. I feel bad for my patients. Sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing for a minute to caugh up my lungs. Then I'm good again. Gross. Who wants a sick person cleaning their teeth? Honestly, it's not like I'd spread it or anything. We barrier EVERYHING, and I wear a mask and gloves, which get thrown away....along with ALL the bariers between every patient. Still, it's the idea.

Last weekend we had a girl's night with Katelyn, Jayne, Me, and mom. We drove to Logan and hung out in Jayne's town for a day. We did some shopping, saw a movie, and a whole bunch of other fun things that I don't wanna spoil. Cuz even though it's a week late, I DID take pictures and there IS a post coming....maybe even tonight if you're lucky. Stay tuned....sorry it's so late, but I've been feeling pretty crappy fighting this stupid cold. And lets not forget work....every day....eight to five. Nobody knows what that's like right?

8 comments:

The Shumakers said...

hahah! I know what cleaning teeth while you're sniffling and your nose is running all over the inside of your mask is like. I played that game a little while ago...I guess that's one more reason for a face mask! Hope you get feelin better!

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

I can't wait for your post! You need to email me all the pics and videos so i can post some on my Blog and start scrapbooking them this week while Alex is in Mexico. My email address is nelson3412@hotmail.com

Jill and Travis said...

Yucky! I hate colds too. Only I am okay with only being half sick. I hate chills and achiness. Anyway, loved the "suck your nose out with the sucky-thing" (ooo...it's very sucky! haha Elf) conversation. Funny guy! I hope you get to feeling better and Caleb too, if not already! Miss ya!

Chelsi said...

Yuck! Hope it ends quick, no one likes the nasty cold... kids are good at spreading the love :)

Brody and Ashley said...

Are you pregnant?

Sarah said...

Hey it sounds gross, but when I get feeling like that I irrigate my sinus cavities with warm salt water and one of those nose suckey thingy's you use for babies. 1 tsp salt for every 4 cups of warm water I think. It dosen't hurt, it's just gross. it doesn't feel like it does much the first but by the 2nd or third it makes a difference.

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

Trust me...I KNOW! I DON'T think it's the end-all-be-all! It's just taking us awhile and that's it....it's hard not knowing WHY it's taking so long and that's all I was implying...I'm ready for my life to change and I'm READY to miss out on some things we can ONLY do without kids....we're ready. I know you're just trying to be supportive and everything cuz I really really appreciate that, but I know what I'm doing and I'm not overreacting.

Matthew and Elizabeth Dykman said...

You were in Logan, UT? Next time your in the area your more than welcome to come by and visit us.