Well, I know you've all been waiting for my post about our girl's day in Logan....two weekends ago. (that sounds really bad when you say it out loud). But here's what happened....I went to Boise last weekend and I started uploading pictures onto the computer. Well, I got halfway with all the pictures put onto my mom's computer...and then it was time to leave again. Only I did something really stupid. I left the memory-card-reader chord AT MY MOM'S!! ALONG WITH CALEB'S MOST CHERISHED BLANKET! Well, naturally we noticed when we were half-way to Boise that the blanket was gone. S0 I called my mom and asked her to mail the blanket to us. Well, it wasn't until a day later that I realized the memory card reader was still there too. Only, in her haste to return Caleb's blanket to him as soon as possible, by the time I remembered the memory card reader...the blanket had already been boxed up and mailed away. Sigh. So no pictures for two more weeks. We're going to Boise on February 20th because Parker's got some thing for some sport, that I don't remember....except that it's in Boise. So I'm very sorry. Especially to Jayne and Katelyn because I know they have been dying to see those pictures. I promise I WILL still make that post once I get them...no matter how belated it might be.
So, as I said....we went to Boise last weekend. Parker REALLY wanted to go to Bogus basin (the ski resort near Boise) and go night skiing with me. It's been FOUR YEARS since we hit the slopes together. Then when Melissa told me that Chevron gas stations give you a 50% off voucher for night skiing if you show them your recipt....it sealed the deal. Night skiing (which starts at 4:00 pm) for ten bucks a pop! We're in! We were gonna do it for twenty, just cuz it's been so long. But hey....we'll take it for ten. We also brought Parker's little brother, Garrett, along cuz he's been getting pretty good at snowboarding, and he wanted to come too. YES I did bring the camera. We got to the top of the lift, and saw the beautiful mountains and valley below...and I pulled out the camera to take my first picture. I turn it on.....and it turns back off. I turn it on again.......it turns back off. That's right. Dead battery. In my attempt to upload the girl's day pictures earlier that day, I had successfully drained the battery to complete deadness. So here I am. No girl's day pictures. No skiing pictures. I know I suck.
This weekend's valentines day. Yes, we're doing something fun. No I don't know what. And no you won't get to see any pictures....at least not for a week after that. You know why. But we're excited to see Jayne. She's coming home cuz her hubby's outa town for a while. So she's chillin with us. Thanks in advance Jayne, for watching Caleb so me and Parker can have a night out.
Well there's my story. Caleb's blanket came yesterday. Fast eh?!! I know! I was surprised. I've just been working lots. I'm really enjoying it though...and I'm getting faster too. The assistants tell me almost every day how much faster I'm getting. I'm kinda proud of myself, I'm not gonna lie. Work's been great. And I've managed to weasel in an appointment for Parker to get his wisdom teeth pulled. YES!! Spring break. I'm NOT cleaning those stupid things. VOTE 'NO' FOR WISDOM TEETH!
3 comments:
I hate those times when you have the camera and the battery is dead! Can't wait to see fun pictures soon. And what a nice mom to mail Caleb's blankie. Taylor wouldn't survive without her's!
I'm more than happy to watch Caleb for you! I think of it this way: I can't be with my #1 favorite man in the whole workd for Valentine's Day (my hubby of course) but I DO get to spent it with my #2 so how can I complain? ha ha i can't wait to come on Friday night. It's only the second night alone and it's raelly hard for me...I'm such a baby
I think this is really funny because it is so "Heather" to be forgetful. You have ALWAYS been this way...not nearly as bad as Derek, but still, Forgetful.
Post a Comment