I took one glance at those little molars in the back and tears came to my eyes. He has molars!! Oh the relief! Do you realize what this means?! First of all...that's 2 more teeth to chew with once they come in. It means that when he's all done growing, those molars can be an anchor for a bridges or a flipper. Now....sadly he's only got the 2 on the bottom. I don't see any maxillary molars.....but you know what else this pano shows?
Tooth buds at the base of each canine! Permanent teeth growing behind those tiny little buggers! And his one molar that is errupted, has a small dark spot at the bottom of the roots. It's likely that that dark spot is the START of another permanent tooth bud. (That particular tooth is one of the last baby teeth to come out, so the permanent one doesn't develop until later).
I can't even express how happy I was today. My boy will get 2 more teeth! Not to mention he will get the experience of losing at least 5 of his baby teeth. What a day! Dr. Thompson also said we'll probably be able to get him fitted for a flipper in about a year. At least the top. He's going to look so different with a toothy smile. I know it's gonna be weird for me at first. I hope he'll wear it. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now...I'm happy to report my boy has molars!
4 comments:
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! That is so awesome! And very exciting!
1st molars and canines! If you could only have a few, you seriously couldn't have picked better ones to get for anchors! That is seriously such awesome news!
HOORAY!!! We are so excited for Caleb!
Aw. Actually reading about it made me get a little teary eyed. I'm so happy for you and your little Caleb. That really is wonderful.
Post a Comment