Here's some pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes. Here in Filer, trick-or-treating was mostly Saturday. We had a bout 4 people ring the doorbell on Sunday, but we were out of candy so we didn't answer.
At about 5:30 the family in our ward that watches Caleb and Angie during the day came knocking at the door. Caleb wanted to go trick-or-treating with them. I wasn't going to object. I told them to bring him back in a half an hour. At 6:00 we met up with a different friend from the ward that has a little boy Caleb's age. And we went to the high school for the trunk-or-treat there.
I had planned on taking the kids back home and knocking a few more doors when we got back. But on the way home Caleb said, "Mom... I don't want any more candy."
So we quit. I wasn't about to force him to get more candy, which I know I would end up eating too. We spent the rest of the night answering the door. Parker had to work Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night that week. He doesn't usually work late, and even more unusually on weekends. But they had some special thing going on, and Parker is trying to impress his boss. So he kinda missed out on the Halloween festivities this year.

Caleb was Zorro. Yes he knows who Zorro is. He loves that movie. And honestly I thought it was the coolest costume for the price.

I think Angie's costume is a pink cat. I actually thought it was a pig when I first bought it. But honestly, who cares WHAT it is....the point is she looked CUTE! She didn't care too much for the hood though.

And lastly, this year was my first attempt at some artistic pumpkin carving. The BSU one, I actually started to carve the words "Boise State" beneath the bronco. But the pumpkin was already a bit mushy, and by the time I got to the letter "I" I had almost completely cut the letters out. It was a mess. And impossible to read. so I stuffed the letters back into their place, and stuck with the bronco. If you look closely, you can see a little glimmer of that letter "B" that never filled the space correctly. Whoops. Oh well. The bronco turned out good.

No comments:
Post a Comment